I bought an awesome popsicle mold this summer and I really think I will be enjoying delicious popsicles for the rest of the year, after all that is one of the advantages of living in Florida. But for the rest of you who have to start thinking of unpacking your winter coats and getting ready for the colder months this might be the last chance to enjoy some icy treats. That is why I want to share with you one of my favorite popsicle recipes. The berry banana popsicles are basically a frozen version of a berry banana smoothie. To give them more texture and flavor I add some whole fresh berries (frozen berries work well too) just before I put them in the freezer. Not only do they taste good but they also look beautiful, don’t they? 😉
The best part is that kids just love them. I discovered that my little guys who is super picky when it comes to eating fruits and vegetables will devour these sweet and healthy treats even though he will not touch a fresh blueberry or raspberry.
For these I used raspberries and blueberries but you can use strawberries or any other berries you have on hand and frozen berries work just as well as fresh ones so you can enjoy these even if the berries are not in season.
- 1 ½ cup mixed berries I used strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey optional
- In a blender, combine 1 cup of mixed berries fresh or frozen, banana, yogurt, almond milk and honey.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle mold and a few whole berries to each mold.
- Put the lid on the mold and insert sticks.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours.
- To unmold place molds water warm water (not hot) for 20-30 seconds and the popsicles will slide right off.