This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Great4Grilling #
This easy grilled pork loin recipe is perfect for a BBQ or cookout and pairing the juicy grilled pork loin with the fresh flavors of a watermelon mango and avocado salsa make this the perfect summer meal.
Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is great for grilling and it’s a fantastic option for a quick meal. We really enjoy having dinner al fresco out in the lanai, specially on warm summer evenings and on those ocations I like to use the grill to cook. A few nights ago we got a Mesquite Pork Loin Fillet and because it’s already marinated all you have to do is take it out of the packet and put in the grill. So easy!
We wanted to add some fresh flavors and textures to our meal so I decided to make a fruit based salsa. My parents’ mango trees are loaded with mangos so it just made sense to include some mangos and combining them with watermelon and avocado really gave this salsa a great combination of summer flavors and freshness.
- 3 cups seeded and diced watermelon
- 1 ½ cup mango chunks, diced and thawed
- 1 Hass avocado diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced1 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Stir together the lime zest, lime juice and 3/4 tsp pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- After dicing the watermelon and mango, place the pieces in a colander to drain while dicing everything else.
- When the rest of the ingredients are diced, place all ingredients including the dressing in a large bowl, and gently toss to coat.
- Cover and chill the salsa until ready to serve.
- Add the salt just before serving and stir.
If you have never grilled pork loin before you will be quite surprised at how easy and quickly it cooks and how juicy it is.
I do not own a gas grill. I like grilling the old fashioned way and meat grilled over charcoal or regular wood has a smoky flavor that you can’t get when you cook on a gas grill or in the oven. To achieve this delicious smoky flavor make sure to buy charcoal that is made from 100% wood with no chemical additives or fillers.
How to grill the perfect pork loin on a charcoal grill
1.With a wire brush clean your grill.
2.Brush the grill lightly with oil.
3.Prepare your fire putting all the coals on one side of your grill. This will give you an area of the grill that has direct high heat and an area that is cooler and has indirect medium and/or low heat.
4.Wait until the flames have subsided and the coals are white around the edges.
5. Close the lid for 5 minutes so that the grate heats up.
6. Position the pork directly over the area where the hot coals are for approximately 2 minutes on each side to sear it.
7. Move the tenderloin to the side of the grill that is cooler, close to the charcoal but not directly over it.
8. Insert an instant-read thermometer into thickest part of the pork loin.
9. Close the lid and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the the thermometer reads 140 degrees. Exact cooking time will vary depending on how hot your grill is and how large your pork loin is.
10. Transfer pork loin to a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
At home we eat pork tenderloin about once a week and grilling it is our preferred method of cooking it as it always comes out juicy and it cooks a lot quicker than if we bake it in the oven. We like the great variety of Smithfield marinated pork products that we find at Walmart, some of our favorites include the Smithfield Peppercorn Garlic Tenderloin and Smithfield Golden Rotisserie Tenderloin but there are so many options!
I love pork and in my opinion the pork tenderloin is one of the best pork cuts for grilling. It’s economical, lean and easy to find and the small size is just right for our family of four. I also like that the pork loin works for well for a causal weekday dinner and can also be dressy enough for entertaining. It’s also very versatile and the flavor changes so much depending on the marinade you choose and how you accompany it.
Visit the SmithfieldThrowdown.com website for great pork grilling recipes and tips. You can also enter a pork grilling recipe contest and win a Ford F-150! Like Cooking with Smithfield on Facebook, follow @Smithfieldfoods on Twitter and Instagram and check out the Smithfield Foods boards on Pinterest for more great grilled pork recipes.