This is part of a sponsored collaboration with ViveMejor and DIME Media. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
There is just something about risotto that makes it the perfect comfort food. It has been rainy and gray the last few days here in Florida as we enter the rainy season and the first of this year’s tropical storms hit us. And rainy days are the perfect time to enjoy a creamy and velvety risotto!
I love risotto and I specially love how easy risotto is to prepare when you use Knorr Selects™ Four Cheese Risotto. Inspired by the recipe of Garlic Shrimp Risotto that I found on the ViveMejor.com website I decided to give this dish my own personal twist by adding chorizo.
This risotto with shrimp and chorizo is not only easy but luxurious making it ideal for share when you have unexpected guests. The flavors of the shrimp and chorizo remind me a bit of a paella. Also can you tell we are big fans of chorizo in this house, chorizo just adds so much flavor and depth to almost any dish.
Garlic Shrimp Risotto Recipe
Recipe Serves: 4
Prep Time : 10 min Cook Time : 15 min
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. large uncooked shrimp*, peeled and deveined
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package Knorr Selects™ Four Cheese Risotto
- 3 cups baby kale
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- red chorizo, sliced
- HEAT 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Season your shrimp with salt and pepper, if you’d like. Add your shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes until they turn pink, stirring in garlic during last 30 seconds. Remove from pan and set aside.
- POUR your water, milk, remaining olive oil and Knorr® Selects™ into the same pan. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to medium and continue cooking for 7 minutes. Toss in the kale and chorizo and cook 3 minutes more.
- STIR in your shrimp and tomatoes; now it’s delicious. Dig in!
Using Knorr® Sides you can create delicious and nutritious main meals with your favorite veggies and protein, in no time and it’s easy to add your own personal twist and create a dish that your family will love.
I always turn to the ViveMejor.com website when I’m looking for a delicious and easy to make recipe. If you’re looking for deliciously simple ideas, nutritious recipes, and sustainably sourced options be sure to check out ViveMejor.com! Add your personal touch to any Vive Mejor recipe and share with the #MiCocinaViveMejor hashtag!