This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
Camarones a la diabla are a favorite traditional dish for those who love spicy food. For this recipe I decided to place the spicy shrimp on a tostada making them easy to serve and eat while watching your favorite college football team play.
Tailgating or homegating is not just a time for watching football but also a time for getting together with friends and family and making memories together. Watching football is an American tradition but much more than that it’s a unifying force that brings everyone, families, friends and even strangers together. It’s also a great time to share other traditions and in our home we take advantage of the fact that we are all together enjoying the game to share some some of our favorite Latino recipes and also try new ones.
Perfect for watching the playoffs or to bring even more excitement to the big game this camarones a la diabla recipe is a very easy to make and brings lots of flavor and heat to your football game watching get togethers. To make it I used El Yucateco® Caribbean and El Yucateco® Chipotle hot sauces. El Yucateco® hot sauces are a traditional Mexican brand, this is the hot sauce you’ll find in Mexican restaurants in Mexico and I feel that using El Yucateco® hot sauces when I make my recipes brings that authentic rich flavor to any food whether you are creating a recipe with the hot sauce or just adding hot sauce to your meal.
Before I share with you this delicious recipe though, make sure to enter the El Yucateco® giveaway for a chance to win some awesome prizes! El Yucateco® is giving entrants the chance to win one-of-a-kind tailgating and homegating packages and MORE!
Camarones A La Diabla Tostadas Recipe
- 6 Tostadas
- ½ a stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 lb Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Caribbean El Yucateco® hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle El Yucateco® hot sauce
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Worcestershire sauce or salsa inglesa
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Hass avocado diced
- Fresh cilantro
- Add butter and olive oil to a medium pot.
- Once butter is melted and bubbling sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3 or 4 minutes or until they begin to curl.
- With a slotted spoon remove the shrimp from the pot and set aside.
- Add the orange juice, lime juice, tomato paste, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, El Yucateco® hot sauces and the orange zest to the put.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until all ingredients are well combined.
- Taste and add salt and black pepper.
- Add the shrimp back to the pot and combine with the sauce, cook for just a couple of minutes until the shrimp are done cooking. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in the tostadas. Add diced avocado and fresh cilantro.
- Finish off with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
Everyone loved the tostadas. The Caribbean El Yucateco® hot sauce is the perfect blend of yellow habanero peppers and fresh carrots. It’s slightly sweet flavor and mild heat make it perfect for this seafood dish. The addition of the Chipotle El Yucateco® hot sauce made from naturally smoked chipotle peppers gave this dish a rich and sweet smoky flavor.
We are huge fans of the El Yucateco® hot sauces in our home. We get the Red, Green, Black Label and Extra Hot sauces at Walmart, you can find them at the Hispanic isle. The Caribbean and Chipotle sauces we usually get at our local Latino market. All of them have a very different flavor profile so make sure to try a few of them as I am sure you will find that there is a perfect option to add more flavor and excitement to old favorite as well as new homegating and tailgating favorites!