This post is sponsored by Seeds of Change. However, all opinions are my own. #seedsofchange
These shrimp and crab chipotle enchiladas are ready in only 15 minutes or less and are so easy to make!
Enchiladas are one of my family’s favorite weekday meals, they are easy to make and so versatile. For this recipe, I decided to make something a little different than the traditional chicken enchiladas and used crab and shrimp for the filling.
I’m all about making delicious meals easy, quick and about reducing cleanup work so instead of making the enchiladas in the oven I used the same skillet where I sauteed the shrimp.
The key to making these delicious enchiladas was using the Seeds of Change® Taco Roasted Chipotle simmering sauce. Not only did this cut down on the prep time but also gave them a delicious taste. I just love the chipotle simmering sauce with it’s smoky flavor and just the right amount of heat.
Chipotle Seafood Enchiladas
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 lb crabmeat or imitation crab
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 package of Seeds of Change® Taco Roasted Chipotle simmering sauce
- Fresh cilantro
- Queso fresco
• In a large skillet sauté the shrimp for a couple of minutes until the tails start turning pink.
• Add a couple of tablespoon of Seeds of Change Taco Roasted Chipotle simmering sauce to the pan and mix just to give them some flavor and continue cooking until the shrimp are done.
• In a bowl mix shrimp, crab and 1/2 cup of cheese.
• Place two spoonfuls of the seafood and cheese mixture in each tortilla.
• Add a teaspoon or so of Seeds of Change Taco Roasted Chipotle simmering sauce, be sure to heat up the sauce in the microwave beforehand, just follow the instructions in the package.
• Roll the tortillas up around the mixture and place back in the skillet, seam side down.
• Add the rest of the Seeds of Change Taco Roasted Chipotle simmering sauce over the enchiladas. Cover the skillet and let it simmer for a minute or two.
• Top the enchiladas with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
• Cover the skillet and let it simmer for a minute or two until the cheese on top has melted.
• Uncover and serve the enchiladas.
• Drizzle crema and top with fresh cilantro and crumbled queso fresco.
I still can’t believe how easy this recipe is. The combination the smoky heat from the chipotle sauce was with he seafood, cheese and crema was! If you want a little less heat all you have to do is a bit of crema to the enchiladas when they are simmering to bring down the spiciness just a notch or two.
Seeds of Change is an organic seeds and food brand and they just came out with their new organic Simmer Sauces which are so easy to use and the perfect base for creating easy, tasty and healthy meals. The new sauces come in a savory selection of some of the world’s most popular sauces created with the finest Certified Organic ingredients and they are all free of artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives so you can feel good about what you are cooking for your familia.I can’t wait to try to other sauces!
Seeds of Change Simmer Sauces varieties include Sesame Ginger Teriyaki, Mushroom, Sweet & Sour and my favorite the Taco Roasted Chipotle. I can’t wait to try to other sauces!
The sauces come in a no mess, easy-to-pour 8 oz. pouch which can be heated in the microwave. For an easy, quick and flavorful meal sauté your favorite meat, fish or tofu until done, add a Seeds of Change® Organic Sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
You can find more info about the Seeds of Change products and the flavor varieties available can be found here. Right now you can save $1.50 off any three Seeds of Change Certified Organic products, download your savings coupon here.