This is a sponsored post in partnership with JCPenney. However all opinions are my own. #SoWorthIt
This delicious lemon and berry Bundt cake with lemon cream cheese is easy to make and has a beautiful presentation, perfect for a Mother’s Day brunch.
My daughter loves cooking, it’s one of her favorite things to do. She looks forward to the weekends so that we can cook something special together. Spending time with her preparing favorite family recipes and new recipes that we create is something we both look forward all week. As a child I remember cooking with my grandmother, making cookies and other sweet treats was always my favorite thing to do with her and now I get to share this with my own family.
For Mother’s Day we always organize a brunch at my house and invite my mother in law who lives close by. My daughter and I prepare all the food for the brunch and this year we will be making a delicious and beautiful lemon and berry Bundt cake using the Nordic Ware Bundt cake pan I got at JCPenney. For this recipe I also used my Pyrex glass mixing bowls which I also got a JCPenney.
Lemon Berry Bundt Cake
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- lemon slices quartered
- mint leaves
Cream Cheese Lemon Frosting
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (250g) powered sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 10-inch bunds pan with no-stick cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a large glass bowl beat butter, ream, eggs, lemon juice and cake mix.
- Add lemon zest.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Add blueberries and raspberries and push them into the batter with a spoon.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- With an electric mixer beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon juice until light and fluffy.
- Drizzle the bundt cake with lemon cream cheese frosting.
- Decorate with fresh raspberries, blueberries, mint leaves and lemon pieces.
For me the best Mother’s Day gift is spending time in the kitchen cooking with my family and that is why I love receiving cookware, small kitchen appliances and bakeware for Mother’s Day. The same holds true for my mother in law who also loves to cook so this year we are headed to JCPenney to get her Mother’s Day gift because I can always the best cookware, kitchen appliances and dinnerware at affordable prices. This year I am getting her a beautiful Mikasa cake stand, she’s been wanting one for a while now. JCPenney always has great brands at a great value. Shopping at JCPenney is always worth my time and money, I love browsing all of the great cooking gadgets and also their clothing with so many great styles!
We have two JCPenney stores nearby and if we don’t find something at the store we can order online and have delivered free to pick up at the store which is a great option.