To celebrate the 5 year anniversary of the App Store, Apple is giving away just ten of the very best apps, including Barefoot World Atlas; an award-winning children’s atlas created in partnership by Touch Press and Barefoot Books.
The Barefoot World Atlas app has received widespread praise since it launched in March 2012. Featured on NBC’s Today Show and nominated by TIME Magazine as a top 25 children’s app, it is a visually rich, dynamic 3D globe that invites children to explore the regions and countries of the world, to discover 700 fascinating features and to immerse themselves in the wonders of our planet.
Offering hours of immersive learning, this engaging and educational app allows children to:
• Spin, zoom and fly around an enchanting, hand-painted interactive globe;
• Watch hundreds of animated illustrations by artist David Dean representing culture, people and nature;
• Explore and discover fascinating information about the regions and oceans of our planet;
• Listen to music which changes as they visit different areas of the world;
• Learn live country facts from Wolfram|Alpha including local time, population, land area and weather;
• Switch in seconds between English, Spanish, Catalan, French, German and Japanese versions.
Nancy Traversy, CEO and Co-founder of Barefoot Books comments, ‘As we celebrate 20 years of publishing beautiful books, with an unwavering commitment to the vital role of imagination, creativity and global awareness in children’s lives, we are absolutely thrilled that our very first app has received this recognition from Apple.’
To celebrate Apple’s ‘Five Years of the App Store’ promotion, the Barefoot World Atlas can be downloaded FREE from the App Store from July 8th 2013 to July 14th 2013. The Barefoot World Atlas is normally available from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch priced at $4.99/£3.49.