The holidays are almost here and this is a time for celebrations, get togethers and holiday parties. One of the things I love about the holidays are all the seasonal flavors and special treats. I recently tried peppermint flavored ice cream for the first time and just loved it. I made a peppermint milk shake for a recent family reunion we had at home and it was such a success that I decided to create a holiday cocktail. This drink is a cross between a cocktail and a dessert as I added a small scoop of ice cream. You could also call it an ice cream cocktail. Of coarse you can leave the final ice cream scoop out if you don’t want the hassle of dealing with a spoon and just want to sip your drink, but I personally love this adult holiday dessert.
- 1 onz white chocolate liquor
- 1 oz peppermint schnapps
- 1 oz half and half
- 1/2 cup Edy's or Dryer's Peppermint Wonderland slow churned ice cream or peppermint ice cream of your choice plus two small scoops optional
- 1/4 cup ice crushed
- whipped cream
- peppermint candy canes crushed
- white chocolate for melting
- Pour white chocolate liquor and schnapps into blender.
- Add half and half, Edy's or Dryer's Peppermint Wonderland slow churned ice cream and ice.
- Blend until ice is finely crushed.
- Drizzle Grenadine into mixture.
- Spread crushed candy canes evenly on a plate.
- Put white chocolate in microwave safe plate and melt.
- Wet rim of martini glass in melted white chocolate.
- Dip martini glasses into crushed candy canes.
- Slowly pour drink mix into glasses until they are about two thirds full.
- Add a small scoop of Edy's or Dryer's Peppermint Wonderland slow churned ice cream or peppermint ice cream of your choice.
If you like peppermint this cocktail is for your and the presentation with the crushed candy cane rimmed martini glasses (or you can use any other cocktail glass you like) makes this drink perfect for wowing your guests at any holiday party be it Thanksgiving, Christmas or any other special occasion.
This little peppermint experiment turned out better than I expected and I decided to call my creation the Peppermint Ice. I hope you like it as much as I did. This recipe makes two martini size cocktails and I used Edy’s Peppermint Wonderland Slow Churned ice cream. Because it only has 100 calories per serving and half the fat than other ice creams I can enjoy lots of these without feeling guilty about the calories.