This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RaceDayRelief #CollectiveBias
These spicy avocado and chipotle shrimp tostadas with cilantro crema are the perfect race day recipe! This is an easy to make and healthy, low calorie appetizer that is filled with flavor and just the right amount of heat.
- FOR THE CHIPOTLE SHRIMP
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- FOR SERVING
- Queso fresco or other crumbly cheese crumbled
- 3-4 avocados peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup of red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 6 to rtilla tostadas
- fresh cilantro
- SPICY CILANTRO LIME CREMA
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of chipotle adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp finely minced garlic
- For the chipotle shrimp:
- Mix together the garlic, chipotle peppers, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, paprika, cumin, coriander, kosher salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Add shrimp and toss until evenly coated.
- Marinate for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- In non-stick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook until opaque and cooked through, tossing once halfway through cooking, about 3 minutes.
- For the Spicy Cilantro Lime Crema:
- In a bowl whisk together all ingredients while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- To assemble the tostadas:
- Smash the avocados, add the red onion, lime juice and salt and peper to taste.
- Spread a layer of guacamole on the tostadas.
- Put a layer of layer cabbage and top with the chipotle shrimp.
- Drizzle with the spicy cilantro line crema
- Sprinkle with queso fresco or other crumbly cheese.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
I’ve always liked speed and when I was a kid I wanted to be a race car driver, although my life took me in quite a different direction my love for driving and watching races only gets stronger every year. At home we try to watch all the races but some of them really become an event, we have friends over and get together either at our house or at my parent’s house.
Watching the races has become even more special because now I get to share it with my dad and with my little guy who inherited our love for speed. Watching the races together has become a family tradition that really brings us together and food is an important part of this tradition.
We use race day as an excuse to experiment in the kitchen and make new versions of some of our childhood favorite foods. For this race watching party I got inspired in the tostadas I used to eat back in Guatemala and created topped a traditional guacamole tostada with some spicy chipotle shrimp and then drizzled with a fresh cilantro lime crema which I actually made with yogurt to keep the calories down.
Although I love spicy food I don’t enjoy the heartburn that comes with it that and I trust Nexium24HR as it gives me all day, all night frequent heartburn protection. (May take 1 to 4 days for full effect. Use as directed for 14 days to treat frequent heartburn. Do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor. Not for immediate relief.)
Nexium24HR allows me to enjoy race day from start to finish by providing relief from frequent heartburn. Don’t let a little heartburn spoil race day! Enjoy the race and enjoy your favorite spicy foods like these avocado and chipotle shrimp tostadas with cilantro crema without worrying! Thanks to Nexium24HR I can enjoy my favorite spicy foods while I cheer for Ty Dillion in car #95.
Did you know that Nexium 24HR, the new #1 selling frequent heartburn brand*? And now it comes in easy to swallow caplets. I usually pick up Nexium24HR when I am grocery shopping at my neighborhood Walmart. If you want to save you can sign up HERE to receive special offers and coupons for Nexium 24HR.
Check out Roar, the weekly race preview magazine to learn more about your favorite race car drivers and keep up with racing news!
*Based on IRI sales data 52 weeks ending 11/1/15 among OTC brands.