This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NewBeneful #CollectiveBias
These carne asada tacos combine the flavors of Mexico and Argentina with a delicious chipotle grilled steak topped with mango chimichurry for a delicious combination of flavors. These steak tacos are perfect for barbecues and tailgating.
I have talked before about how our dog Sally is a very important part of our family. Just like I want to feed my family food that is good for them and has real ingredients I also want the same for Sally and that is why we where really excited to learn that Beneful, which is the dog food we use regularly is now better than ever. The Beneful Originals and Incredibites dry dog foods feature meat as the #1 ingredient and have no added sugar.
Inspired by Sally’s Favorite food: Beneful Originals with Real Meat I created a delicious recipe for carne asada tacos with my own take on chimichurri sauce. These tacos are filled with delicious rib eye steak grilled to perfection which combined with a little heat from the chipotle seasoning and the fresh taste of the cilantro based chimichurry and the sweetness of the mango make for a delicious steak taco that everyone will love.
Chipotle Carne Asada Tacos With Mango Chimichurri
- For Chipotle Carne Asada Tacos
- 4 rib eye steaks
- chipotle powder
- corn tortillas
- For Mango Chimichurri
- 1 mango peeled, pitted, and diced small
- 1 cup lightly packed chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons red onion minced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- To make the chimichurry combine the cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice in a food processor.
- Pulse a 5-10 times until the cilantro is well chopped and all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer to a glass bowl and add fold in onion an mango.
- If you have time let the chimichurri chill for a few hours or overnight to let the flavors combine.
- Take your steaks out of the refrigerator about an hour or 45 minutes before you want to eat so that they are tempered.
- Preheat a grill to high heat.
- Combine the chipotle powder and salt and pepper.
- Set up your grill for a two-zone fire.
- Lightly brush your steaks with oil and season both sides with the spices.
- Grill directly over high heat for 4-5 minutes a side.
- Plate the steaks, cover with a aluminum foil and let them rest on the plate for 5 before cutting.
- Heat corn tortillas wrapped in a napkin for one minute in the microwave.
- Cut the steaks in strips and place on warm tortillas.
- Drizzle with the mango chimichurri sauce.
Sally, our springer spaniel and my daughter Ariane have a very special relationship. When we adopted Sally she completely changed Ariane’s life by motivating her to be more social and helping her come out of her shell. Soon after Sally arrived Ariane was so excited that she decide to participate in show and tell for the first time and and she started using Sally as an ice breaker to start conversations, which was so hard for her before.
Sally’s unconditional love brings so much happiness into my daughter’s life so we want to make her happy and show her how much we love her by choosing her food carefully. Beneful’s new reformulated recipes came about as a response to pet owner’s feedback. It’s great to know that the company took that feedback into consideration because when we love our dogs we want a quality food with familiar ingredients and real meat and that is what Beneful is providing with it’s new formula.
Sally loves the Beneful Originals with Real Beef, it’s got the same texture she likes and we could really see that she was more excited than ever to eat it so the taste must be great.* You can sign up HERE to get a free sample of Beneful for your dog!
*It’s important to note that dogs can be sensitive to change, especially when it comes to food. Even if you currently feed your dog Beneful, you’ll want to transition to the new Beneful recipe as you would for a new type of food. Check out these helpful feeding tips and tricks for how to make the transition smoothly.