These easy to make instant pot tomatillo pulled pork sliders are the perfect tailgating food.
Football season is here and that means tailgating, spending Sundays watching the games and enjoying great tailgating food! I have to admit that I love football season more for the food and the excuse to get together with friends than for the love of the game, there I said it. Sorry but it’s true! I love food, what can I say.
This year I came up with a new recipe that is perfect for tailgating, homegating or anytime really. These tomatillo pulled pork sliders are easy to make in the Instant Pot and so flavorful. The melt in your mouth pulled pork has just the right amount of heat to make this slider really stand out with its delicious salsa verde flavors.
View this post on Instagram
This recipe is sure to be a great addition to your tailgating spread and it’s easy to transport the pulled pork and put the sliders together in a few minutes!
Easy Instant Pot Tomatillo Pulled Pork Sliders Recipe
- 1 (4-5 pound) lean boneless pork roast, excess fat trimmed, cut into 3-inch chunks
- ½ cup beer (or chicken stock)
- ½ cup green tomatillo salsa (store-bought)
- ¼ cup orange juice
- juice of one lime
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- slider rolls
- fresh cilantro chopped
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Add all the ingredients, except the sliders and cilantro) to your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker and give the mixture a stir to combine.
- Make sure your sealing ring is in place on the lid. Lock the lid onto Instant Pot and set the steam release knob to the “sealing” position.
- Press the “manual” button and set Instant Pot for high pressure for 20 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes for Instant Pot to come to full pressure, then the display will show a countdown timer.
- Once the 20 minutes are up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, then release any remaining pressure. Open the lid.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer the meat to a cutting board. Leave the juices in the Instant Pot, do not discard.
- Use two forks to shred the meat.
- Transfer the meat back to the Instant Pot and toss it with any residual juices. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the tomatillo shredded pork on toasted slider rolls and top with chopped cilantro.
You can increase or decrease the heat by choosing a mild or hot tomatillo salsa for his recipe or you can even add a few tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce.