We eat fish at least once a week and I’m always trying to come up with new delicious fish recipes that everyone in the family will love. This recipe for almond crusted tilapia is easy and delicious.
The almond crust gives the tilapia a crunchy layer and a fantastic nutty flavor while the freshly made avocado salsa compliments the flavor and texture of the fish perfectly.
I love that this recipe is also lighter and healthier than breaded or battered fish, yet you still that crunchy outer layer of goodness.
Almond Crusted Tilapia With Avocado Salsa Recipe
Ingredients for tilapia
- 4 tilapia filets, patted dry
- 1-1/2 cups crushed almonds
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
Ingredients for avocado salsa
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 Hass avocado, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine flour salt and pepper and lemon zest in a shallow bowl.
- In a second bowl combine egg whites and water.
- Place the crushed almonds in a third bowl.
- Dip fish into the flour mixture, then egg wash, then into the crushed almonds.
- Place onto the baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until almonds are golden brown.
- While the fish is baking combine the tomato, avocado, red onion, lime juice and zest, cilantro and olive oil.
- Mix and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve tilapia warm and top with avocado salsa.