Thank you Brawny® Tear-A-Square® for sponsoring this post. Think of all the ways you can Put a Square There!
These mango and raspberry yogurt popsicles are the perfect healthy snack for a hot summer day.
Summer is all about spending more time together with my kids. It’s not just about traveling or taking family vacations, but about making every day special. It’s about spending quality time together at home, and about creating family memories.
One of our favorite things to do on a hot summer day is making popsicles. We enjoy creating fun popsicles recipes almost as much as we enjoy eating them. The kids love coming up with new fruit combinations and really like making popsicles with different layered colors and flavors. We sometimes add pieces of fruit (and yes, sometimes even candy and chocolate) to the popsicles.
I let them do as much of the recipe independently as they can and just help out when needed. This means things can get pretty messy. That is why I always have Brawny® Tear-A-Square® paper towels on hand.
We always buy Brawny® paper towels because they are strong and can clean every mess without tearing. I am really loving the new Brawny® Tear-A-Square® because they give you the flexibility to only use what you need with three different sheet size options. You can use a full sheet, half sheet, or even a quarter sheet depending on how big or small the mess is. That way you’re using what you need without wasting, and always with the same strength of the Brawny® paper towels we’re already fans of.
We have a mango tree in the backyard and it’s filled with mangoes. What better way to use some of those fresh mangoes than in a cool and delicious popsicle? We decided to combine the mangoes with raspberries and added Greek yogurt. I’ve always loved the combination of mango and raspberry.
These mango and raspberry yogurt popsicles are a sweet and healthy treat, and they’re the perfect summer snack for everyone in the family. With only 4 ingredients, this recipe can be made in minutes, and it’s so simple, even young kids can help out.
Mango and Raspberry Yogurt Popsicle Recipe
- 2 cups of light Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of mango, cut into cubes
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of milk (we used coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (optional)
1. In a blender, combine 1 cup of Greek yogurt, ½ cup of milk, 1 cup of mango, and 1 tablespoon of honey.
2. Puree until smooth.
3. Pour into popsicle mold filling just half of each mold with the mango smoothie mixture. You can add a few chunks of mango.
4. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes so that the mixture thickens and doesn’t mix with the raspberry mixture you will be putting on top.
5. Rinse the blender and combine 1 cup of Greek yogurt, ½ cup of milk, 1 cup of raspberries, and 1 tablespoon of honey.
6. Puree until smooth.
7. Pour into popsicle mold filling. You can add a few whole raspberries to each popsicle.
8. Put the lid on and place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes or until the popsicles thicken enough so that when you insert the sticks the sticks don’t sink into your popsicles.
9. Place the sticks into the slots of your popsicle mold leaving at least a couple of inches of the stick outside of the mold.
10. Freeze for at least 6 hours.
11. To unmold, place molds in warm water (not hot) for 20-30 seconds and the popsicles will slide right off.
The mango and raspberry popsicles were a total success. The kids loved them and I got them to eat a healthy snack. Of course, an important part of cooking together is cleaning up together. That is why we always have Brawny® Tear-A-Square® paper towels close by so everyone can tear a full sheet, half a sheet, or a quarter sheet, and help clean up any messes, big or small.