This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MahatmaFastRice #MahatmaRice #MahatmaRiceUnites #CollectiveBias
This delicious recipe for shrimp and mango skewers served over Mahatma® Ready to Serve Jasmine Cilantro Lime Rice with grilled pineapple is ready in under 15 minutes and it’s a great option for a weekday dinner.
As my kids get older my days get busier. There are after school activities and clubs and weekend sports. But no matter how busy things we make an effort to cook dinner and sit down at the table as much as possible. To accomplish that we’re always on the lookout for shortcuts and hacks that can make meal preparation easier and quicker so that we can focus on spending more time enjoying the meal than in the kitchen, and we can spend more quality family time. Interested in trying out the Mahatma® Ready to Serve Rice offerings? Hover over the photo below to click through to Walmart.com for purchasing.
That is why I’m excited to share with you about the new Mahatma® Ready to Serve Rice products. They’re so easy to prepare, just microwave for 90 seconds right in the bag so clean up is also a breeze. Mahatma® has always been my favorite rice brand, and I’m not surprised that it’s the number one selling rice brand in the US. Now it’s available at Walmart, which makes it so convenient because I can pick up Mahatma® Ready to Serve Rice on my weekly grocery trips at my neighborhood Walmart.
The Mahatma® Ready to Serve Jasmine Cilantro Lime Rice is one of my favorites, although I also love the Mahatma® Ready to Serve Jasmine Rice for its versatility. I made these delicious shrimp and mango skewers served over grilled pineapple cilantro lime rice and everyone loved them. The best part is that they were ready in under 15 minutes!
Shrimp and Mango Skewers Over Grilled Pineapple Cilantro Lime Rice with Grilled
- 1 bag of Mahatma® Ready to Serve Jasmine Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined tails on
- 1 cup of mango, cubed
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl mix the lime juice, olive oil, ¼ cup cilantro, chipotle powder, brown sugar and garlic powder.
- Add shrimp to the marinade and toss to coat.
- Marinate the shrimp for 20 minutes. If you’re in a rush forget about marinating the shrimp and just brush some of the marinade mixture on the shrimp while you grill them.
- Thread the shrimp and the mango cubes onto metal skewers, or wood skewers that have been soaked in water for at least 10 minutes.
- On separate skewers thread the pineapple chunks.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Place shrimp and mango skewers and pineapple skewers on the grill.
- Grill the shrimp and mango skewers until the shrimp are pink and opaque, about 1-2 minutes per side. Grill the pineapple until it’s browned and caramelized on the edges.
- Cook the rice according to directions. Just pop Mahatma® Ready to Serve Jasmine Cilantro Lime Rice into the microwave for 90 seconds and voilá!
- Mix the grilled pineapple with the rice and the remaining ¼ cup of fresh cilantro.
- Serve the shrimp and mango skewers over the grilled pineapple cilantro lime rice.
I’m stocking up and Mahatma® Ready to Serve Rice for the busy back to school season. Life is hectic but meals don’t have to be.