Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Farmland® and Latina Bloggers Connect.
When we organize a get together with friends and family to watch the basketball games we like to spice things up when it comes to food. There are always micheladas, ceviche and guacamol for everyone to enjoy but this year I wanted to add something different. After much thought I decided I would try to make some stuffed jalapeños or jalapeño poppers. When I decided to make them I did not think they would be such a complete hit. Even my mother in law liked them which is pretty unusual. But then again what’s not to like: cheese filled, bacon wrapped jalapeños are sure to please everyone!
For this recipe I used Farmland® bacon which is slow smoked over real wood for maximum flavor. For decades, Farmland® has taken pride in perfecting their curing and smoking technique and you can really taste the difference in every delicious bite.
Queso Fresco, Bacon and Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños
- 6 large jalapeño peppers
- 12 slices of Farmland®
- 1/4 cup crumpled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese I used a mix of monterrey and cheddar
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup crema Mexican crema
- 2 tablespoons chipotle sauce
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cut the jalapeños in half, remove seeds and clean the inside.
- Combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese and queso fresco with the beans and corn.
- Fill the jalapeños with the cheese, bean and corn mixture.
- Wrap each jalapeño half with one slice of bacon
- Place bacon wrapped jalapeños on a foil covered baking sheet and bake for 10-15minutes or until bacon looks well cooked and crispy.
- Remove from oven let stand 5 minutes
- Mix the crema and the chipotle and drizzle chipotle crema over the the jalapeños.
- Garnish with scallions
This bacon wrapped and queso stuffed jalapeño recipe combines the spicy kick of the jalapeño peppers with the delicious crunchy bacon filed with gooey melted cheese. To top it off the chipotle crema gives it a soft and smokey flavor that finishes it off. Besides the jalapeño poppers you can also offer some delicious sausage and egg hot dogs made with Farmland® sausage, I made some for our football watching get together last month and everyone loved them too.
This is a compensated collaboration with Farmland® and Latina Bloggers Connect. However, all opinions expressed are my own.