This is a sponsored post in partnership with The Network Niche Influencer Agency on behalf of De La Viuda Hot Sauce. All opinions are my own.
This spicy shrimp and esquites tostadas are the perfect shrimp recipe to enjoy this spring. Made with fresh corn this recipe combines the traditional Mexican corn salad, or esquites, with fresh grilled shrimp marinated with the bold, traditional flavor of De La Viuda hot sauce.
I love the combination of the fresh corn and spicy grilled shrimp with the crunchy corn tostadas. But this shrimp and corn salad is also great on it’s own and makes for the perfect spring picnic recipe. It’s also perfect for putting inside a tortilla to make delicious shrimp and esquites tacos!
Spring cleaning has hit my pantry! I’m getting rid of all of those old and expired condiments and replacing them with the delicious and exciting flavors of De La Viuda hot sauce! You know that I love Mexican food and I’m so excited that De La Viuda, a traditionally pure Mexican hot sauce is now available in the US.
Just as I love cleaning and refreshing my home when spring comes, I love to bring new flavors into my kitchen and refresh my recipes. And De La Viuda hot sauce is the perfect way to give my spring recipes a burst of flavor and excitement. It’s vibrant and bold flavors take my favorite dishes to the next level.
About De La Viuda Hot Sauce
Not only is the flavor of De La Viuda fresh, bold and exciting, I also love the zest and beauty showcased in bottle art. And De La Viuda is a product that is authentically Mexican and has an inspiring origin. The recipe for De La Viuda is inspired by a passionate cook’s love for flavor. Señora Sanchez, a widowed mother of four from Jalisco, Mexico opened a street cart to sell homemade hot sauce in honor of her late husband who adored her homemade hot sauce. De La Viuda® Hot Sauce is a tribute to the legacy of sharing real spice and passion and continues to artfully pay tribute to Señora Sanchez’ beloved husband.
De La Viuda is available in two flavors:
- Original: A traditionally pure Mexican hot sauce that’s carefully crafted with chile de árbol peppers and artfully blended with an authentic mix of hand-selected premium ingredients and spices.
- Green Pepper: A masterfully balanced hot sauce paired with an inspired mix of poblano and habanero peppers to create a palette of flavor that is delightfully unique.
And right now you can take advantage of the introductory offer of $5 off a 4 pack + free shipping when you purchase the hot sauces on De La Viuda’s website.
Spicy shrimp and esquites tostadas recipe
I am a huge fan of grilled Mexican corn, now turn it into a salad, combine it with mashed avocado and top it with spicy shrimp seasoned with De La Viuda hot sauce and you have yourself a new favorite spring recipe!
- 20-25 medium shrimp, peeled devined
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs De La Viuda hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped and divided
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 tbs lime juice, divided
- 1 Hass avocado
- 4 ears of sweet corn, husked and silks removed.
- 1/4 cup of light mayo
- 1/4 cup of crumbled queso fresco
- 2 tablespoon of lime juice
- 6 tostadas (toasted corn tortillas)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 bamboo skewers
- In a bowl mix the shrimp, olive oil, 1 tbsp De La Viuda hot sauce, garlic powder, ¼ cup of cilantro and 1 tbs lime juice. Let marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Thread the shrimp into metal skewers or wood bamboo skewers that have been soaked in waer for at leaste 10 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Place shrimp skewers and corn husks on the grill.
- Grill the shrimp skewers until the shrimp are pink and opaque, about 1-2 minutes per side. Grill the corn until it’s cooked through turning it to make sure all sides are cooked. I like my corn slightly charred, it reminds me of eating grilled Mexican corn as a kid.
- Using a serrated knife remove the kernels from the corn.
- Place the corn kernels in a medium bowl. Add the mayo, 1 tbs De La Viuda hot sauce, 1 tbs lime juice and ¼ cup cilantro. Mix until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and top with crumbled Queso fresco.
- Mash the avocado and season with lime juice and salt and pepper.
- To assemble the tostadas spread a layer of mashed avocado, top with Mexican corn salad
- Serve with De La Viuda hot sauce so everyone can add some more flavor and excitement to their shrimp and esquites salad!
Señora Sanchez’s legendary hot sauce will be hitting the shelves soon! Follow @delaviudahotsauce on Instagram/Facebook to see where it will appear first! And don’t forget to take advantage of the introductory offer of $5 off a 4 pack + free shipping when you purchase the hot sauces on De La Viuda’s website.
- Galaxy Easter Eggs: Unique Easter Egg Decorating Idea - March 23, 2023
- Best St Patrick’s Day Freak Shake Recipe - March 16, 2023
- Best Bailey’s Desserts: Irish Cream Desserts to Celebrate St Patty’s Day - March 14, 2023
17 thoughts on “Spicy Shrimp and Esquites Tostadas”
These tosadas sound so delicious. I will have to buy some shrimp to make them.
Aww, yeah. Now that’s what I call food! I have to give this a try.
This sounds so good! My girls love spicy food. I know they love these.
This looks delicious! You had me at spicy shrimp! Thanks for sharing 🙂
I’m sure those hot sauces tasted amazing and add the perfect amount of kick. I can’t wait to give them a try.
This looks amazing. We love dishes like this at my house. Shrimp makes a delicious tostadas.
Wow.. This hot sauce looks so awesome! I can’t wait to grab one!
These looks so good! I’m a huge fan of seafood in general. I’m going to save this recipe so I can try to make it later.
We love seafood over here. And my husband and son love spicy food. They’re going to enjoy those.
Shrimp tacos have been my favorite lately so I’m sure I will love these tostadas!
I haven’t made tostados in ages. This sounds like an awesome combination of flavors!
I’m allergic to Shrimp but your spicy shrimp and esquites tostadas look incredibly delicious in pictures. I bet it tastes incredibly delicious!
That looks so delicious. i think I could live off of seafood recipes.
Mmmmm…. I am drooling over these tostadas! And I love shrimp so much!
Looks so yummy and I always love spicy foods.
This got me craving at the middle of the night! Thanks for sharing! Looks really delicious!
Hi! Thanks for sharing this great pork recipe. I tried this last weekend for my guests & they loved it.