Peanuts are a wonderful snack and what could be better than sweet savory spicy nuts to enjoy anytime. This easy recipe for maple chipotle roasted nuts is perfect as a snack or to make as an appetizer for when you have people over.
I made these nuts so that we could enjoy them during our picnic and that is why I put them on mason jars but since this has such a great presentation you could also use these peanut filled mason jars as a great hostess gift. You can check out my post for Latin inspired picnic foods HERE for more great picnic ideas and recipes!
Maple Chipotle Roasted Nuts
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- In a bowl combine maple syrup, orange juice and spices.
- Add nuts and mix until well coated.
- Place the nuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread them evenly .
- Roast for 15-20 minutes stirring at least twice with a spatula.
- Sprinkle salt and let stand until cool.
- Separate nuts that might have stuck together.
- Place in mason jars.
The combination of the sweetness caramelized maple paired with the slight smoky heat of the chipotle gives these roasted nuts a delicious taste that is addictive and the best part is that they are so easy to make.
When I make them I make a big batch and add them to saladas and other dishes or just eat them as a snack.