This holiday cleaning tips post is brought to you by Swiffer® as part of a Type-A Parent Community Sponsored Post.
Now that the holidays are over, the Christmas tree and decorations have been taken down and the Three Kings have come and gone my house looked like a tornado had been through it. Between family get-togethers and visits, what seemed like days and days of cooking non stop and not enough time for cleaning up. That is why I was really excited that right after New Year’s I received my Swiffer Bissell Steamboost. I couldn’t wait to try it out!
The first thing that I noticed was how incredibly light it was, even when it was filled with water. I put on the stream-boost pads, plugged it in and in about a minute lots of steam was coming out and along with it a delicious lavender smell from the steam pads.
What I loved about the Swiffer Bissel Steamboost
– It so light and so easy to maneuver that I don’t get tired or end up with a back ache from pushing it around the house like I do with other devices (like my vacuum cleaner or other mops).
– No need to add cleaning solutions filled with chemicals to get my floors clean. The steam does all the work and the floors get a deep cleaning. I was really impressed that even after mopping with my regular mop when I used the Swiffer Bissel Steamboost the pad still came out pretty dirty. Goes to show how mush dirt and grime the my old mop was leaving behind.
– No need for buckets and of water or rinsing a mop. Using the Swiffer Bissel Steamboost is so much easier than using a mob and all you have to do is discard the pad once it’s dirty and replace it with another one.
– The steam helps you clean old spills with ease. If you have kids like me you know that when you are cleaning the floors you will suddenly find some caked on mess in a corner of the kitchen, ti could have been juice or maybe pudding and because it was left there to dry it’s hardened and difficult to clean. In the past I had to get down on my hands and knees and scrub. With the Swiffer Bissel Steamboost I just leave it over the dried mess for a minute or so and the steam loosens up all the dirt and yuckiness and makes it easy to clean.
– I don’t have to wait long for the floors to dry off. When I used a regular mop I had to keep the kids trapped in their rooms for a while waiting for the floors to dry. When I use the Swiffer Bissel Steamboost the floor just dried up so much faster!
– The heat kills germs. I always worry about how clean my floors REALLY are, I mean they might look clean but when I see my kids playing on the floor I wonder if they are really disinfected. The vapor not only loosens dirt , but it also kills dust mites, mold, staph, and other allergens and harmful bacteria.
I don’t have to tell you how much my new Swiffer Bissel Steamboost halped with all that post-holiday cleaning. My floors where cleaner quicker and easier than ever.