This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SunsOutSpoonsOut #CollectiveBias
Nothings brings back summer childhood memories like the cool and smooth taste of ice cream. I remember growing up how going with my grandparents to the ice cream shop was the greatest treat. This summer we are planning lots of family fun with outdoor get togethers and visits to the grandparents.
Inspired by my childhood memories and by one of my favorite fruits, the mango, I decided to create some fun and easy to transport mango ice cream pies in mini mason jars. To make these I used the mangos growing in my parent’s house, so they where fresh and so juicy!
You can prepare the vanilla mango ice cream pies ahead of time and store in the mason jars in the freezer and then just add the whipped cream and the dulce de leche before serving to give them that extra sweet touch and make them look good, so good these would be great for any summer party.
- Blue Bunny Vanille ice cream
- 2 cups ripe mango cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- whipped cream
- dulce de leche
- mint leaves
- small mason jars
- Place one cup of the mango cubes and two tablespoons of sugar into food processor, pulse a few times until the mango has been pureed.
- Combine the graham crumbs, 2 tablespoons of sugar and melted butter.
- Place two tablespoons of the graham cracker mix in the mason jars and press with your fingers against the bottom forming a firm crust.
- Add two tablespoons of Blue Bunny vanilla ice cream, leaving nooks and crannies.
- Add two tablespoons of mango puree.
- If there is still space in the mason jar repeat with more ice cream and mango puree.
- Place jars in the freezer for at least two hours.
- Before serving top with whipped cream and drizzle with dulce de leche.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
I brought these to my parent’s hose this past weekend and everyone loved them so much. I also made some to keep at home and I like that these are so small that they are the perfect serving size if you want to indulge in a sweet treat but don’t want to go over board with that sugar.
I always buy Blue Bunny ice cream when I visit Walmart and on this occasion I attended an in store demo where they where featuring the Sweet Freedom® Ice Cream in Vanilla flavor, this light ice cream has not sugar added! Be on the lookout for demos going on in your Walmart between 6/04 – 6/07 for Blue Bunny Premium Vanilla sandwiches and Wet Ones.
For more great recipes using Blue Bunny ice cream check you can get some inspiration HERE and you can learn more about the Blue Bunny ice cream products HERE. You can also get great summer recipe ideas by liking Blue Bunny on Facebook and following @Blue_Bunny on twitter.