This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EffortlessMeals #CollectiveBias
We love creating new recipes and spending time in the kitchen but with our busy schedules this is not always something we have time for. Sometimes we need a solution that is effortless and affordable, but that also provides a good meal for our family, so when I go grocery shopping at Walmart I always pick up a rotisserie chicken and some other Marketside items like their delicious potato salad! We pair that with a 2 lt bottle of Coke and I have a meal that is ready to serve and that did not cost a fortune like takeouts do. I usually get a second rotisserie chicken and use it to make different easy and quick recipes like tacos, chicken salads and even chicken empanadas. You also have delicious choices of Pizza for your effortless meal if you want.
Today I want to share with you one of my favorite recipes to make with Walmart’s rotisserie chicken, I usually make this with leftovers. I really like chicken salad but I do not like all the extra calories the mayo adds to it so my version is made with avocados and a bit of yogurt instead of mayo and I also added some grilled pineapple chunks to give it a tropical and sweet flavor, perfect for this time of year.
- 2 cups of cooked chicken, diced
- 2 Hass avocados
- ½ cup of grilled pineapple, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons of plain light yogurt (you can use greek yogurt too)
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- baguette or similar bread
- spinach leaves
- In a large bowl mash the avocados using two forks.
- Add the yogurt and lime juice and mix until well combined.
- Add chicken, pineapple and onion and combine well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, you can also add 1 teaspoon of hot sauce to provide a bit or a kick.
- Fold in the cilantro until well combined.
- Cut your baguette into 6 inch sections, cut each one in half.
- Drizzle some olive oil on on the inside of the bread and place it on the grill or face down on a griddle until browned.
- Put a layer or spinach on the bread and spread chicken salad on top of the spinach.
We are gearing for the back to school routing, are you all as scared as I am? Every year there is more homework, more after school activities and less time to cooke a decent dinner. Picking up a rotisserie chicken at Walmart is a great solution and chicken is versatile. Even when it comes to this delicious chicken salad I created you can add new and exciting ingredients and serve on it’s own or put it on a sandwich like we did which is also a great solution to take on the go. This year I have vowed to skip the drive throughs so when we are headed to soccer practice and I know the kids will get hungry since it ends so late, I can make these sandwiches in just a few minutes and take them with us.
The Marketside effortless Meals at Walmart make my life so much easier! They are convenient to purchase and help provide healthy, fresh options for dinner during back-to-school. The signage at Walmart makes it easy for people to find what to make for dinner with little effort!
Be sure to check out more delicious effortless meal inspiration. How would you pair Marketside products with Coca-Cola?