This delicious and easy corn and avocado salad with chipotle lime vinaigrette recipe is sweet, spicy and fresh; perfect for enjoying during summer when corn and tomatoes are sweetest!This spicy corn and avocado salad with chipotle-lime vinaigrette recipe which is the perfect summer salad recipe to accompany any grilled meat. My daughter loved helping me make this and the recipe was so easy and delicious.
Spicy Corn And Avocado Salad With Chipotle-Lime Vinaigrette
- 4 ears of sweet corn, unhusked
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, diced
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, halved (I used a mix of red and yellow tomatoes to make the salad more colorful)
- 1 jalapeño, cut into slices
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cups finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Place the corn in the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes until the starchiness is just gone. Drain the corn and immerse it in ice water to stop the cooking and to set the color. Cut the kernels off the cob.
- Mix together the lime juice, zest, olive oil, chipotle adobo sauce, garlic, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Wisk until combined.
- In a large bowl combine the avocado, tomatoes, and jalapeños.
- Shear off the corn kernels with a sharp knife over a bowl.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with Tajín and top with additional chopped cilantro.
The taste of the corn, avocado, and sweet tomatoes is a match made in heaven. Thi spicy corn and avocado salad with chipotle-lime vinaigrette is the perfect side to any grilled meat and is also great on its own as a light summer lunch.