This post has been sponsored by MAGGI®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This easy chipotle grilled shrimp skewers with chimichurri sauce recipe is the perfect summer grilling recipe to enjoy at your next BBQ party!
I love cooking on the grill and now that summer is here and the days are longer, I really enjoy cooking dinner outdoors. To kick off grilling season, I decided to make some delicious chipotle grilled shrimp skewers that are drizzled with freshly made chimichurri sauce. Easy to make and so flavorful, the secret ingredient for these chipotle grilled shrimp skewers is MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon!
If you grew up in a Latin household like I did, chances are that you’re very familiar with Maggi. My mom and grandma used Maggi bouillon and “cubitos Maggi” for everything from rice dishes to soups and even salad dressings. For this recipe, I used Maggi in the shrimp marinade and also added some chicken bouillon to the chimichurri sauce. I just love the extra boost of flavor that it gave this dish.
I always get MAGGI Chicken Bouillon at my neighborhood Walmart. Whether it’s in cubes or in the jar, you can find MAGGI® products in the international aisle at Walmart along with the MAGGI soups. The savory flavor of MAGGI Chicken Bouillon really enhances any dish, it just gives my food a taste of home. I always shop at Walmart because it’s so convenient and affordable. Right now, you can earn $1 Cash Back on (1) MAGGI® Granulated Chicken Bouillon earn $1 Cash Back on (1) MAGGI® Granulated Chicken Bouillon. I’m going to take advantage of the savings and stock up because I use it all the time.
Chipotle Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
Ingredients for the shrimp
· 1 tablespoon MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
· 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on
· ¼ cup lime juice
· 1/4 tablespoons of olive oil
· 1 tablespoon MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
· 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
· 1 teaspoon of chipotle powder
· 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
· 1 teaspoon onion powder
· salt and pepper
Ingredients for the chimichurri sauce
· 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
· 1 bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
· ½ cup olive oil
· 2 tablespoons white wine or apple cider vinegar
· 2 tablespoons lime juice
· 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
· 1 tablespoon of MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
· salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the olive oil, lime juice, chicken bouillon, brown sugar, chipotle powder, garlic, onion powder and salt and pepper.
2. Add the shrimp to the marinade and toss until coated. Let stand for 30 minutes.
3. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water while the shrimp are in the marinade.
4. Thread the shrimp onto bamboo or metal skewers.
5. Grill the shrimp skewers over medium heat for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until pink and opaque.
6. To make the chimichurri sauce, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. You can make it ahead and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
7. Serve the grilled shrimp skewers drizzled with the chimichurri sauce.
I love that this recipe is so easy to make, and it’s the perfect grilling recipe to make for a weeknight dinner or for a family get-together with family and friends. The chipotle adds a delicious smoky flavor and just the right amount of kick while the Maggi chicken bouillon provides a boost of flavor! The chimichurri sauce provides the perfect balance with it’s tangy and fresh flavor.
I made a big batch of these and we also had them later in the week in tacos. They are also ideal to combine with rice or even to add to a summer shrimp salad or to a rice bowl combined with some fresh avocado.
Be sure to check out Walmart.com for more information about Maggi!
- Garbanzos en Miel Recipe: Guatemalan Chickpea Dessert - March 27, 2023
- Bunny Ears Easter Freak Shake - March 26, 2023
- Galaxy Easter Eggs: Unique Easter Egg Decorating Idea - March 23, 2023
16 thoughts on “Chipotle Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Chimichurri”
My kids would love these! They love their shrimp! I wish I did. I’d use another meat with the chimichurri sauce. I do love that.
These look delicious! ?
I wish i had the ingredients to make them right now… I guess i’ll have to wait and maybe make them later this week!
Well I do love shrimp. This looks like something I could eat right now. Let me fire up the grill! Oh wait, I need the other ingredients. I will be giving this a shot this weekend for sure. Thanks for sharing.
My husband likes chipotle and shrimps. I should make this for him. I never thought of flavoring our shrimps with chipotle. 🙂
The best recipe to copy for summer evenings! Love it!
Prawns are my absolute fave food, no exceptions, and I love the idea of them having a little spice.
I did chimichuri the other day, turned out soooo good!!! I will try it with shrimps (had it with meat). Can’t wait.
Omg these look so yummy and delicious! I love love shrimp! This is a perfect summer time food! I have to do this!
his sounds like a delicious recipe for chimichura ! the shrimp and authentic ingredients are awesome touches! thanks for sharing
I absolutely need to try and make these! They look and sound delicious!
My husband would be all over this. Give him any reason to use a grill or smoker and he will go to town.
Yes!!! I now know what to do with the shrimp in my freezer. I have two kiddos (+ me), obsessed with shrimp, but I always just have them in a boring way with cocktail sauce… this is a great recipe!!
Looks like delicious I need to try this chipotle grilled shrimp skewers I like herb sauce goes well with shrimp.
This recipe looks delicious. I don’t think you could have difficulties doing this. Nicely paired with beer.
This looks like some great skewers for a good summer BBQ. I will have to try these out on the Barbecue this fourth. So delicious.
The photos look very appetizing–especially since I am starving right now. This would be a good “light” choice for July 4.