This post has been sponsored by MAGGI®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This easy chipotle grilled shrimp skewers with chimichurri sauce recipe is the perfect summer grilling recipe to enjoy at your next BBQ party!
I love cooking on the grill and now that summer is here and the days are longer, I really enjoy cooking dinner outdoors. To kick off grilling season, I decided to make some delicious chipotle grilled shrimp skewers that are drizzled with freshly made chimichurri sauce. Easy to make and so flavorful, the secret ingredient for these chipotle grilled shrimp skewers is MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon!
If you grew up in a Latin household like I did, chances are that you’re very familiar with Maggi. My mom and grandma used Maggi bouillon and “cubitos Maggi” for everything from rice dishes to soups and even salad dressings. For this recipe, I used Maggi in the shrimp marinade and also added some chicken bouillon to the chimichurri sauce. I just love the extra boost of flavor that it gave this dish.
I always get MAGGI Chicken Bouillon at my neighborhood Walmart. Whether it’s in cubes or in the jar, you can find MAGGI® products in the international aisle at Walmart along with the MAGGI soups. The savory flavor of MAGGI Chicken Bouillon really enhances any dish, it just gives my food a taste of home. I always shop at Walmart because it’s so convenient and affordable. Right now, you can earn $1 Cash Back on (1) MAGGI® Granulated Chicken Bouillon earn $1 Cash Back on (1) MAGGI® Granulated Chicken Bouillon. I’m going to take advantage of the savings and stock up because I use it all the time.
Chipotle Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
Ingredients for the shrimp
· 1 tablespoon MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
· 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on
· ¼ cup lime juice
· 1/4 tablespoons of olive oil
· 1 tablespoon MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
· 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
· 1 teaspoon of chipotle powder
· 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
· 1 teaspoon onion powder
· salt and pepper
Ingredients for the chimichurri sauce
· 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
· 1 bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
· ½ cup olive oil
· 2 tablespoons white wine or apple cider vinegar
· 2 tablespoons lime juice
· 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
· 1 tablespoon of MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
· salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the olive oil, lime juice, chicken bouillon, brown sugar, chipotle powder, garlic, onion powder and salt and pepper.
2. Add the shrimp to the marinade and toss until coated. Let stand for 30 minutes.
3. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water while the shrimp are in the marinade.
4. Thread the shrimp onto bamboo or metal skewers.
5. Grill the shrimp skewers over medium heat for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until pink and opaque.
6. To make the chimichurri sauce, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. You can make it ahead and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
7. Serve the grilled shrimp skewers drizzled with the chimichurri sauce.
I love that this recipe is so easy to make, and it’s the perfect grilling recipe to make for a weeknight dinner or for a family get-together with family and friends. The chipotle adds a delicious smoky flavor and just the right amount of kick while the Maggi chicken bouillon provides a boost of flavor! The chimichurri sauce provides the perfect balance with it’s tangy and fresh flavor.
I made a big batch of these and we also had them later in the week in tacos. They are also ideal to combine with rice or even to add to a summer shrimp salad or to a rice bowl combined with some fresh avocado.
Be sure to check out Walmart.com for more information about Maggi!
- Best Day of the Dead Movies for Kids: From Coco to The Book Of Life - September 29, 2023
- Day of the Dead in Mazatlán Mexico: Art Focused Dia de Los Muertos Celebrations - September 22, 2023
- Celebrating Hispanic Heritage in Tampa: A Cultural Journey - September 18, 2023