This Day of the Dead inspired coffin gift box with a dog sugar skull design would make a great Day of the Dead party treat box and it’s also ideal for surprising your dog with a special Day of the Dead or Halloween treat.
I’m obsessed with Day of the Dead imagery lately. There is just something about the meaning behind this Hispanic holiday that celebrates loved ones that have passed away and encourages us to be joyful about the lives they have lived .
The other day I came across a Day of the Dead dog sugar skull design on the internet that really inspired me and got me thinking. When it comes to remembering family members and loved ones during el Dia de los Muertos we often forget our four legged best friends. Growing up I had a few dogs that where really part of the family and I always remember them fondly.
So I decided to create a fun Day of the Dead coffin gift box and designed my own sugar skull dog, this one inspired on the dog I had when growing up.
To make the Day of the Dead inspired coffin gift box you will need a cardboard coffin box, I got mine at Amazon, spay adhesive, paper, a printer and scissors.
How To Make A Day Of The Dead Coffin Gift Box
• Download and print the Day of the Dead coffin box printable HERE.
• Cut the paper for the top, sides and bottom of the box. You can also print extra to line the inside of the box as well.
• Line the box with the paper using the spay adhesive to glue the paper to the cardboard.
• You can use a brayer to apply pressure when you are gluing the paper to the cardboard and be sure that you are removing all air bubbles.
Once you are finished with your box you can use it to give your dog a special Day of the Dead treat. This would also make a wonderful Day of the Dead party treat box don’t you think?
- Keto Hot Dog and Egg Tacos - October 4, 2021
- Soccer Snack Board - April 8, 2021
- Cilantro Lime Butter Salmon Sheet Pan Fajitas - February 22, 2021