If you are thinking of throwing a Disney Sofia the First themed party these Sofia these cupcakes are easy and quick to make and include free Sofia the First printable cupcake toppers.
Nothing makes a celebration complete more festive than a cupcake! We just threw a little princess and pirate party and I created these super cute blueberry Sophia the First cupcakes. These are very easy to make and they have a great presentation. All you have to do is download and print these FREE Sofia the First printables HERE. These include the Sophia the First cupcake toppers, Sofia the First cupcake liners in case you are not able to find purple liners like I did and also the Sophia the First logos which you can use to decorate the cupcake liners, use them as cupcake toppers or to decorate your goodie bags like I did (check out the last picture on the post.)
For the cupcakes you can use a cake box, your favorite home made cake recipe or you can try out the blueberry cupcake recipe I have included. For the purple frosting I got lucky and found it at my local supermarket but you can also take your favorite white frosting and use food coloring to give it the desired purple hue.
Once your cupcakes have cooled pipe frosting in a circular motion starting from the outside of the cupcakes towards the inside making sure to cover most of he cupcake top, all the way out to the liner, and building some height in the center to make it look like a dress.
Print the Sophia the First cupcake toppers and cut them just below the string of pearls that decorates the skirt of her dress. Then simply insert them into the frosting. If you want to give them more stability or will have these out in the open where there might be some wind blowing you can also glue a popsicle stick or a toothpick to the back of these cupcake toppers and insert them into the cupcake.
- ½ cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 and ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup Greek blueberry yogurt
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon white vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan and s aside.
- Place blueberries in a food processor or blender. Pulse until blueberries are chopped into small bits but before they become pureed.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in the microwave.
- Stir in sugar and mix.
- Add the egg, yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix slowly until there are no lumps. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide batter among 12 cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Sofia de First Party Ideas
For this party I also made some fun princess wands with fruit. I had the girls dress up and make some crafts. You can check out my original Princess and Pirate party post for more ideas and even some printable activities.