The big game is here, and the countdown to crunchtime is on! From kickoff to halftime and the lifting of the trophy, make sure there are plenty of football-themed snacks and drinks. Of course, we will be enjoying our favorite Super Bowl foods at home while watching our team play. We love trying new football food ideas, from football snack boards to single-serve football snacks. In this post, I’m sharing the best Super Bowl appetizers to tailgate and enjoy the big football game from the comfort of your home. Here are some fun and delicious football appetizers for making your homegate snacks a total touchdown!
Easy Football-Themed Snacks for the Big Game
We never miss a football game, and we like to celebrate every win, especially when it comes to Game Day. When watching the Super Bowl, a big part of my family’s tradition is making sure we have lots of great football-themed snacks because watching football and sharing great food go hand in hand. That is why I’m sharing ideas for Game Day snacks that are easy to put together yet delicious.
Keep Snacks Easy
My secret is incorporating some of my favorite products in one giant football snack board. Keeping snacks uncomplicated is the key to success; from chips and salsa to popcorn and sodas, there are easy snacks that taste great right out of the bag or jar. By combining them on a snack board, you make them fun and accessible to everyone.
Create a football snack tray
Creating a football-themed snack board or Super Bowl charcuterie board for your homegating celebration to enjoy the Big Game is a great way to incorporate lots of different snacks in a fun way. For my football charcuterie board, I used the following products and ingredients:
- I started by placing store-bought salsa near one corner of my snack tray. Then I surrounded it with different options for dipping, including tortilla chips (my favorite) and celery and carrots, so there were a variety of dipping options.
- Then, I created a football made from salami and provolone cheese. Finally, I encircled the football with cheddar cheese cubes and cheese slices.
- I provided something a little different by incorporating some delicious shrimp guac and salsa bites. Be sure to check out the full recipe below.
- I added some white cheddar popcorn.
- Finally, I accompanied the snack board with cans of ice-cold drinks. Choose the ones you like the most, and offer variety, like different flavored sodas or no sugar sodas.
- When it comes to drinks, it’s also a great idea to make a pitcher of your favorite beverages. For example, I like making a batch of refreshing mojito mocktails!
Provide Single Serve Snacks
Having single-serve appetizers is a great way for everyone to enjoy their snacks individually. It is more convenient, and it also prevents snack fouls like double-dipping. So I created some easy shrimp bites and five-layer dips in mason jars for my Big Game celebration at home. I will share the easy recipes for these snacks below.
Southwest Shrimp Bites
- Add one teaspoon of guacamole and one teaspoon of mild chunky salsa to each tortilla chip.
- Top each tortilla chip with one shrimp, sprinkle with crumbled queso fresco and fresh cilantro.
Five Layer Dip
Dips are always a big hit at home. And the five-layer dip is such a classic snack for watching the football game. So instead of making a huge bowl of five-layer dip, I prefer to make individual smaller dips. They not only look great, but they are also perfect so that you don’t have to share your dip and worry about anyone double-dipping.
- Put a layer of refried beans on each mason jar and top with a layer of crema (sour cream). Follow with a layer of guacamole and finally add a layer of salsa.
- Top with shredded cheese and a jalapeño slice.
Make it Festive
Serving your favorite snacks with a football theme in mind always makes a big difference. For my snack table, I used a football field-themed tablecloth. I also printed out some fun football-themed flags and glued them to toothpicks to place them on some of the Super Bowl foods.
Using football-themed napkins and other snack containers also helped make it look more festive and fun. Of course, you can also use your favorite team’s colors!
Other Football-themed Food Ideas for Big Game Day:
- Game Day Recipes, Big Game Party Fun: Presentation is just as important as what you serve at your party. That is why, if you want to SCORE BIG with your guests, you need to make the food not only good but also fun with these great Super Bowl ideas and free printable.
- Avocado And Chipotle Shrimp Tostadas With Cilantro Lime Crema: These spicy avocado and chipotle shrimp tostadas with cilantro lime crema are the perfect game day recipe! These make the best Super Bowl appetizer and are always a hit with everyone.
- Chipotle And Chorizo Football Cheeseball: Host a football party using something more interesting than the classic chips and salsa with this delicious cheeseball. Whip out some cream cheese, add the chipotle spice mix, and cover it in chorizo to turn up the flavor!
- Gourmet Snack & Appetizers: Create a healthy snack board with great healthy ideas in minutes! Combining cheese with different ingredients will provide an infinite amount of deliciously healthy snacking options for every taste.
- Strawberry And Chocolate Football Empanadas: Indulge your sweet tooth and create fun and delicious football-shaped empanadas. You won’t be able to keep your hands off these decadent snacks!
For me, the best parts about the Big Game are the wild commercials, fun family time, and easy and delicious football-themed snacks to watch my favorite teams play. That’s why I decided to prepare some fun game day appetizers the whole family will enjoy. These Super Bowl party snacks and ideas for the game day are worthy of a touchdown dance!
Easy and delicious single-serve snacks full of flavor Having single-serve appetizers is a great way for everyone to enjoy their snacks individually. A colorful and delicious appetizer perfect for Game Day Instead of making a huge bow, pour them in individual smaller dips. They not only look great but they are also perfect so you don’t have to share your dip and worry about anyone double-dipping.
Southwest Shrimp Bites
5 Layer Dip
Easy and delicious single-serve snacks full of flavor
Having single-serve appetizers is a great way for everyone to enjoy their snacks individually.
A colorful and delicious appetizer perfect for Game Day
Instead of making a huge bow, pour them in individual smaller dips. They not only look great but they are also perfect so you don’t have to share your dip and worry about anyone double-dipping.
- Keto Hot Dog and Egg Tacos - October 4, 2021
- Soccer Snack Board - April 8, 2021
- Cilantro Lime Butter Salmon Sheet Pan Fajitas - February 22, 2021
27 thoughts on “Easy Football Snacks for the Big Game”
I hate football, but I love to eat. So I would still make all of this but serve it during movie night!
This is exactly the type of snacks I love during game time! I am going to make this for my husband this year. He’ll love it.
I love how you made the 5 layer dip as individual portions in those mason jars. Very nice looking charcuterie board too!
I haven’t made 7-layer dip in a while. It is nice to have some ideas for game day. We love Tostitos chips and dips!
I love the layered dip in a jar. We buy smart food and tostitos all the. time.
Thanks so much for sharing this. I can’t wait to try these snacks.
We love football and football food! Tostitos are always on the menu for game days.
Such wonderful snack ideas and I love the way you arranged it.
I love your snack ideas. Easy and delicious is the way to go, especially when you want to be watching the game, not cooking!
Wow! I would love a football snack tray! That looks really yummy. It makes me want to start the game now.
These are some killer snacks. I would love to snack while watching the game this weekend.
I love these ideas for game days! I’m also a huge fan of Tostitos and dip!
I can’t wait for the Big Game. The most important part is the snacks. Thanks for these ideas!
These snacks looks yum. Yes football game snacks are always in my home too. I love tositios and popcorn. This looks delicious perfect game treat.
Not a huge football fan, but I do love tasty snacks. Love how you have brought the game to the food with your designs. A fun treat for game day.
That tray looks perfect for the game or for any other gathering, now I am getting hungry, looks so delicious
This is indeed a good snack after a tiring game. That is such a cute Charcuterie board, do I spell it right?
I want to come to your house for a big game. Although I do not understand football I always like super sunday fornthe parties.
This looks like such a delicious and visually appealing snack! I don’t usually watch football, but would love to make this for movie night.
Nice one,so festive. Looks so delicious, satisfying. Thanks for the tips.
Great snack idea. I would even love this for our regular movie nights.
This football snack tray is SO cute! I am totally making one, these are my kids favorite snacks.
The right snack is exactly what I need for the Big Game Day! Thank you for these awesome finger food ideas!
I love these! They’re so cute and so appealing to look at!
So good! I love snacks
So good! I love snacks
created a football made from salami and provolone cheese. I surrounded the football with cheddar cheese cubes and cheese