The big game is here, and the countdown to crunchtime is on! From kickoff to halftime and the lifting of the trophy, make sure there are plenty of football-themed snacks and drinks. Of course, we will be enjoying our favorite Super Bowl foods at home while watching our team play. We love trying new football food ideas, from football snack boards to single-serve football snacks. In this post, I’m sharing the best Super Bowl appetizers to tailgate and enjoy the big football game from the comfort of your home. Here are some fun and delicious football appetizers for making your homegate snacks a total touchdown!
Easy Football-Themed Snacks for the Big Game
We never miss a football game, and we like to celebrate every win, especially when it comes to Game Day. When watching the Super Bowl, a big part of my family’s tradition is making sure we have lots of great football-themed snacks because watching football and sharing great food go hand in hand. That is why I’m sharing ideas for Game Day snacks that are easy to put together yet delicious.
Keep Snacks Easy
My secret is incorporating some of my favorite products and snacks in one giant football snack board. Keeping snacks uncomplicated is the key to success; from chips and salsa to popcorn and sodas. I also enjoy making some of the food at home, like homemade pizza using my favorite quick easy pizza dough recipe. By combining all of our favorite snacks and foods on a snack board, you make them fun and accessible to everyone.
Create a football snack tray
Creating a football-themed snack board or Super Bowl charcuterie board for your homegating celebration to enjoy the Big Game is a great way to incorporate lots of different snacks in a fun way. For my football charcuterie board, I used the following products and ingredients:
- I started by placing store-bought salsa near one corner of my snack tray. Then I surrounded it with different options for dipping, including tortilla chips (my favorite) and celery and carrots, so there were a variety of dipping options.
- Then, I created a football made from salami and provolone cheese. Finally, I encircled the football with cheddar cheese cubes and cheese slices.
- I provided something a little different by incorporating some delicious shrimp guac and salsa bites. Be sure to check out the full recipe below.
- I added some white cheddar popcorn.
- Finally, I accompanied the snack board with cans of ice-cold drinks. Choose the ones you like the most, and offer variety, like different flavored sodas or no sugar sodas.
- When it comes to drinks, it’s also a great idea to make a pitcher of your favorite beverages. For example, I like making a batch of refreshing mojito mocktails!
Provide Single Serve Snacks
Having single-serve appetizers is a great way for everyone to enjoy their snacks individually. It is more convenient, and it also prevents snack fouls like double-dipping. So I created some easy shrimp bites and five-layer dips in mason jars for my Big Game celebration at home. I will share the easy recipes for these snacks below.
Southwest Shrimp Bites
- Add one teaspoon of guacamole and one teaspoon of mild chunky salsa to each tortilla chip.
- Top each tortilla chip with one shrimp, sprinkle with crumbled queso fresco and fresh cilantro.
Five Layer Dip
Dips are always a big hit at home. And the five-layer dip is such a classic snack for watching the football game. So instead of making a huge bowl of five-layer dip, I prefer to make individual smaller dips. They not only look great, but they are also perfect so that you don’t have to share your dip and worry about anyone double-dipping.
- Put a layer of refried beans on each mason jar and top with a layer of crema (sour cream). Follow with a layer of guacamole and finally add a layer of salsa.
- Top with shredded cheese and a jalapeño slice.
Make it Festive
Serving your favorite snacks with a football theme in mind always makes a big difference. For my snack table, I used a football field-themed tablecloth. I also printed out some fun football-themed flags and glued them to toothpicks to place them on some of the Super Bowl foods.
Using football-themed napkins and other snack containers also helped make it look more festive and fun. Of course, you can also use your favorite team’s colors!
Other Football-themed Food Ideas for Big Game Day:
- Game Day Recipes, Big Game Party Fun: Presentation is just as important as what you serve at your party. That is why, if you want to SCORE BIG with your guests, you need to make the food not only good but also fun with these great Super Bowl ideas and free printable.
- Avocado And Chipotle Shrimp Tostadas With Cilantro Lime Crema: These spicy avocado and chipotle shrimp tostadas with cilantro lime crema are the perfect game day recipe! These make the best Super Bowl appetizer and are always a hit with everyone.
- Chipotle And Chorizo Football Cheeseball: Host a football party using something more interesting than the classic chips and salsa with this delicious cheeseball. Whip out some cream cheese, add the chipotle spice mix, and cover it in chorizo to turn up the flavor!
- Gourmet Snack & Appetizers: Create a healthy snack board with great healthy ideas in minutes! Combining cheese with different ingredients will provide an infinite amount of deliciously healthy snacking options for every taste.
- Strawberry And Chocolate Football Empanadas: Indulge your sweet tooth and create fun and delicious football-shaped empanadas. You won’t be able to keep your hands off these decadent snacks!
For me, the best parts about the Big Game are the wild commercials, fun family time, and easy and delicious football-themed snacks to watch my favorite teams play. That’s why I decided to prepare some fun game day appetizers the whole family will enjoy. These Super Bowl party snacks and ideas for the game day are worthy of a touchdown dance!
- 12 Tortilla Chips
- ½ cupof mild chunky salsa
- ½ cup guacamole (home made or store-bought)
- 12 small shrimp, cooked
- Fresh cilantro
- Crumbled Queso Fresco
- Add one teaspoon of guacamole and one teaspoon of salsa to each tortilla chip.
- Top each tortilla chip with one shrimp, sprinkle with crumbled Queso fresco and fresh cilantro.
Having single-serve appetizers is a great way for everyone to enjoy their snacks individually.
- 1 cup refried black beans
- 1 cup guacamole (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup Mexican crema
- 1 cup of mild chunky salsa
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- Tortilla Chips
- 6 small mason jars
- Put a layer of refried beans on each mason jar and top with a layer of crema. Follow with a layer of guacamole and finally add a layer of salsa.
- Top with shredded cheese and a jalapeño slice.
Instead of making a huge bow, pour them in individual smaller dips. They not only look great but they are also perfect so you don’t have to share your dip and worry about anyone double-dipping.