This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrunchTimeMyWay
We never miss a football game and we like to celebrate every win, especially when it comes to Game Day. A big part of my family’s tradition when we’re watching the Big Game is making sure we have lots of great snacks because watching football and eating go together. That is why I’m sharing ideas for Game Day snacks that are easy to put together yet delicious.
Easy Football Snacks for the Big Game
We will be enjoying game day at home, and I’m sharing fun and delicious ways to tailgate and enjoy the Big Game from the comfort of your home. Here are some tips and ideas for making your homegate snacks a total touchdown!
Keep snacks easy.
My secret is incorporating some of my favorite products and keeping snacks uncomplicated from chips and salsa to popcorn and sodas, there are easy snacks that taste great right out of the bag or jar.
Some of my must haves include PEPSI® ZERO SUGAR, Tostitos® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips, Tostitos® Mild Chunky Salsa and Smartfood® White Cheddar Popcorn. I also bought the new MTN DEW MAJOR MELON™, have you tried it yet? It’s so good! You’re sure to make waves for the big game with Pepsi and Frito-Lay snacks and drinks.
Create a football snack tray
Creating a snack board or charcuterie board for your homegating celebration and to enjoy the Big Game is a great way to incorporate lots of different snacks in a fun way. For my football charcuterie board I used the following products and ingredients:
- I started out by placing Tostitos® Salsa near one corner of my snack tray and then I surrounded it with different options for dipping, including Tostitos® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips (my favorite) as well as celery and carrots so there was a variety of dipping options.
- I then created a football made from salami and provolone cheese. I surrounded the football with cheddar cheese cubes and cheese slices.
- I provided something a little different by incorporating some delicious shrimp guac and salsa bites made with Tostitos® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips, Tostitos® Mild Chunky Salsa and guacamole. Check out the full recipe below.
- I added some Smartfood® White Cheddar Popcorn.
- I accompanied the snack board with cans of ice cold PEPSI® ZERO SUGAR.
Provide single serve snacks
Having single serve snacks is a great way for everyone to enjoy their snacks individually, it’s more convenient and it also prevents snack fouls like double dipping. For my Big Game celebration at home I created some easy shrimp bites and 5 layer dips in mason jars. I will share the easy recipes for these snacks below.
Southwest Shrimp Bites
- 12 Tostitos® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chip
- ½ cup Tostitos® Mild Chunky Salsa
- ½ cup guacamole (home made or store bought)
- 12 Small shrimp, cooked
- Fresh cilantro
- Crumbled Queso Fresco
Add one teaspoon of guacamole and one teaspoon of Tostitos® Mild Chunky Salsa to each Tostitos® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chip. Top each tortilla chip with one shrimp, sprinkle with crumbled Queso fresco and fresh cilantro.
5 layer dip
Makes 6 small mason jars of dip
- 1 cup refried black beans
- 1 cup guacamole (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup Mexican crema
- 1 cup Tostitos® Mild Chunky Salsa
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- Tostitos® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chip
Put a layer of refried beans on each mason jar, top with a layer of crema, follow with a layer of guacamole and finally add a layer of salsa. Top with shredded cheese and a jalapeño slice.
Make it festive
Serving your favorite snacks with a football theme in mind always makes a big difference. For my snack table I used a football field themed tablecloth. I also printed out some fun football themed flags and glued them to toothpicks and placed them on some of the snacks.
Using football themed napkins and other snack containers also helped make it look more festive and fun. You can also use your favorite team’s colors!
The big game is here and the countdown to crunchtime is on! From kickoff to halftime to the lifting of the trophy, make sure there’s plenty of snacks and drinks, like Pepsi®, Tostitos® and Smartfood®. I always get my favorite snacks at Publix.
Visit the www.CrunchTimeMyWay.com