This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReadySetServe #CollectiveBias
This avocado and rice salad can be made in only five minutes and is so easy that even my kids could make it.
I am always looking for a convenient, quick and healthy meal solution so when I was introduced to Minute® Ready to Serve Rice I was pretty excited. This rice is fully cooked and all you have to do is heat it up in the microwave for 60 seconds. There is no cleanup required as you can eat right out of the cup and you don’t have to worry about portion control as it comes pre portioned. You can take this to work or prepare it when you don’t have much time.
Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is versatile and there are several varieties to choose from. My favorites are the whole grain options of Brown Rice, Brown & Wild Rice, Multi-Grain Medley, and Brown Rice & Quinoa.
It was pretty hot today in Florida so I decided to add avocado and mango to my Minute® Ready to Serve Rice for a refreshing and healthy rice salad. The best part of this recipe is that it’s ready in 5 minutes! This recipe is delicious and so easy to make and it’s very versatile as you can also add some cooked chicken or tofu if you are vegetarian and make it into a complete meal.
- 2 cups of Minute® Ready to Serve rice
- 1 cup frozen mango cut into cubes, thawed
- 1 Hass avocado cubed
- 1/4 cup canned red bell pepper,
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the film from two Minute® Ready to Serve Rice and place in the microwave for 60 seconds. In the mean time make the citrus dressing by mixing the olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, soy sauce, honey and cumin until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the rice in the freezer to cool down for about 3 minutes.
- Toss the avocado, mango and red pepper with the 1/4 cup of the salad dressing.
- Add the rice and the rest of the salad dressing until well combined.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Top with fresh cilantro.
This recipe came out great with the combination of the mango and freshness of the avocado and cilantro and I still can’t believe this was ready in just 5 minutes. Because today we where planning on going out to the beach I put the mango and avocado rice salad in mason jars and tied a disposable wooden fork to each mason jar. We just threw these in our cooler for a easy, healthy and delicious picnic snack.
Minute Ready to Serve Rice can be found at your favorite retailer. I bought it at Publix and I stocked up because Minute Rice can be used in so may ways. I often use it as a side along with veggies and protein for the perfect healthy and filling meal that is ideal before working out but you can also eat it for breakfast, a snack or even dessert. The White Rice or maybe even the Jasmin Rice variety would be perfect to make a quick and delicious rice pudding! You can find hundreds of Minute Rice recipe ideas at minuterice.com.