This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SendSmiles #CollectiveBias
My daughter is a huge Minions fan, she has Minion toys and even a Minion hat. She is literally counting the days for the new Minion Movie to arrive so to celebrate her special day I decided to go bananas with a Minion’s theme and I was thrilled to find some super fun Minion’s themed kids birthday cards at Walmart.
We’ll be going to Universal to celebrate her birthday and dance with the Minions and we’re going to the Minion Movie which opens July 10th so I made a special Minion box using an old tin can I had from the dollar store. This tin is perfect for filling it with sweet treats or maybe a special popcorn mix and it will make the perfect treasure box for all her small Minion toys.
DIY Minion Gift Box
To make the box I used stuff I had around the house and created aprintable PDF file with all of the shapes for the Minion’s body parts so you can cut them out easily. You can download it HERE .
- yellow foamy
- blue foamy
- black foamy
- a cylinder shaped tin from the dollar store (ore one that you have at home)
- white card stock
- crazy glue
- thin black permanent marker
- Wrap the yellow foamy around the tin can and measure it so that it covers all of the tin leaving about half an inch of extra material in the back so you can glue it together.I did not glue the foamy to the tin so you can remove the tin in case you need to wash it (since I was planning to put food and treats in it.)
- Download and print the PDF HERE.
- Use the shapes on the PDF as a guide to cut out the Minion’s arms from the yellow foamy the hands from and hair from the black foamy and the overalls from the blue foamy.
- Cut the eyes straight from the card stock.
- Glue the body parts, clothes and eyes onto the body.
- Using the bottom of the tin can trace a circle on the yellow foamy to make the top.
- Attach the lid to the back of the Minion with a one inch strip of foamy so that you can open it and open the can inside.
- With a thin black sharpie draw the mouth.
Now how cute is this box? And it was so easy to make! I know that your little Minions at home will love it and they will love the new Minion cards from Hallmark, they are so colorful, fun and they all include either a fun Minion sticker or a Minion figure that they can hang on their back pack or anywhere else. These would also make super fun treat boxes for a Minion themed birthday party!
My daughter was just trilled with her Minon box and loved the Minion cards. I mean who in their right mind doesn’t think that the Minions are adorable, I personally would like to learn their language: it’s so primitive and fun and my wife already doesn’t understand a word I saw anyway. I just think talking like a Minion would be super cool. Don’t you agree?
You can find the new Minion Hallmark cards on the cards isle at Walmart. I would love to hear how you are celebrating your little Minion’s birthday?