As we drove up to the Hilton Sedona Resort & Spa I was rendered speechless by the amazing red rock views. Just minutes away from Bell Rock, one of the most beautiful and iconic buttes in Sedona, the Sedona Resort & Spa is located in the village of Oak Creek and is the only resort along the Red Rock Scenic Byway.
Just minutes away from downtown Sedona and close to restaurants and hiking trails we really enjoyed that the Hilton Sedona Resort & Spa is removed from the hustle and bustle of the touristy areas. The area is very quiet and tranquil and surrounded by the gorgeous Red Rocks making you feel like you are right in the middle of the natural beauty of the area and that is exactly where we wanted to be!
The lobby is a beautiful space that immediately bestows an air of relaxation and tranquility. It’s modern decor in soothing earth tones is clearly inspired in the elements that make Sedona special and magical. , and its being outside of Sedona was a plus for our family, but others may choose to stay downtown. Easy to find restaurants, cafes, fast food and a grocery store within a few minutes walk of the hotel.
All of the rooms have been recently redesigned and we stayed in a spacious suite that had a very nice view of the golf course. The suite included one bedroom with a super comfortable king size bed and a separate living area with a sleeper sofa, dining area, gas fireplace and a kitchenette with a small refrigerator, microwave and wet bar. The separate sleeping area is a huge plus for me as it allows for everyone to enjoy their stay, specially if you are traveling with kids or with a husband that likes to watch TV until late at nigh. You could access the bathroom through either the bedroom or the living area and there where two sinks completely separated from the bathroom, making it a very convenient layout for families.
Every room features a small balcony or a patio and we really enjoyed going out on our terrace and watching the sky change colors during the sunrise as we sipped our morning coffee and tea. As with the rest of the hotel, I really liked the decor: you can tell that everything has been recently renovated and I love the the color palette and the design elements inspired in the natural beauty of Sedona.
The Sedona Resort & Spa features three heated pools including a lap pool and a family friendly two level pool. The Cascades pool is ideal for families, with kid features and water toys along with beautiful red rock views. We have stayed at various different hotels and B&Bs in Sedona and we quickly realized that most of them don’t really cater to families, I found the Sedona Resort & Spa to be one of the most kid friendly hotels in the area. Although it was only my husband and I on this trip we are planning to return to Sedona with the kids and this would be my first choice for families in the area.
What We Loved About the Hilton Sedona Resort & Spa
- We enjoyed the location outside of Sedona yet close to restaurants and cafes and just minutes away from the Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte hiking trails.
- This is one of the most kid friendly hotels in Sedona with a large pool that has been designed with families with kids in mind and large one bedroom and two bedroom suites with kitchenettes and balconies that are ideal for families. Even the standard rooms have kitchenettes and balconies, which is always a big plus when traveling with kids.
- Although we did not get the opportunity to enjoy the Spa and Fitness center we love that this hotel provides a huge array of of World-Class Spa Treatments to relax and unwind and I can not wait to go back and try them!
- The Hilton Sedona Resort & Spa features a golf course
- The lap pool at the spa is completely separate form the Cascades pool providing a tranquil environment to take a swim along with great views.
- I immediately fell in love with the décor and how it really plays into the natural elements that make Sedona magical. The right décor and color palette can really have an effect on your state of mind and all of the spaces in the Hilton Resort & Spa provided a sense of tranquility and always made me feel connected with the natural beauty of the area. They really did an exceptional job when they remodeled last year!
Things to Consider
- The Sedona Resort & Spa is about 7 miles from the town of Sedona in the Village of Oak Creek so you do have to drive a few minutes to get to the heart of town. But there are quite a few restaurant options close by.
- The hotel charges a $20 resort fee.
- Although the rooms have a kitchenette that includes a wet bar, microwave and sink they do not have cutlery or dishes so if you are planning to make some simple meals at the hotel or even eat restaurant leftovers there make sure you get plastic cutlery and paper plates.
- Not all of the rooms provide red rock views so if that is something you want, make sure to request it.