This post was sponsored by Green Giant as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
This zucchini chipotle shrimp scampi is a low-carb healthier version of the traditional shrimp scampi. This easy recipe is a great option when you’re looking for a quick and easy healthy dinner option. This a great keto, paleo and Whole 30 compliant recipe that is also dairy free.
We love shrimp scampi and by simply swapping pasta for Green Giant’s Zucchini Spirals I was able to turn one of our favorite dishes into something new, exciting and best of all super healthy!
I have to admit that I have been wanting to try spiralized veggies for forever. But honestly, I always thought it would be too much work to shred them myself and I didn’t want to spend the money on a device I’m not sure if I’m going to use. I was so excited to see Green Giant’s new veggie spirals! To start I decided to make our favorite pasta recipe and just swapped the pasta for the veggie spirals and the recipe was a total success!
Zucchini Chipotle Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of butter (or olive oil)
- 1 package of Green Giant’s Zucchini Spirals
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- crushed chipotle pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Season the shrimp with the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and chipotle pepper
- Prepare the organic Green Giant Zucchini Spirals according to the package.
- While the zucchini spirals are cooking melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the shrimp and suetee until pink.
- Drain the zucchini spirals and pat dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Add salt and chipotle pepper to taste.
- Add zucchini spirals to the skillet and combine with the shrimp.
- Add the fresh cilantro, additional chipotle pepper and serve. You can also add parmesan cheese if desired.
Everyone loved the zucchini chipotle shrimp scampi and I felt great about being able to sneak more veggies into our dinner. The best part is that all I had to do was swap the veggie spirals for pasta on one of our favorite pasta dishes. I looking forward to making the veggie swap on other pasta recipes and can’t wait to try Green Giant’s carrot, butternut squash, and beets veggie spirals! YUM!
During the holiday season it’s sometimes harder to stay focused on eating healthy. However, there are simple things you can do to create easy healthier options for you and your family. Green Giant’s new frozen products at Walmart make it so much easier to turn favorite everyday and holiday dishes into lower calorie, lower carb and overall healthier versions of themselves. Some of my favorites include:
- Green Giant Cauliflower Pizza Crust: Made with 80% cauliflower this is a low-calorie option to traditional pizza crust. The best part is that
- Organic Mashed Cauliflower: Seasoned with olive oil and sea salt this is a flavorful and delicious alternative to mashed potatoes (with 45% fewer calories than the leading brand of mashed potatoes).
- Organic Riced Cauliflower: with 85% fewer calories than the leading brand of prepared rice the riced cauliflower it’s a great way to cut calories and carbs and add more veggies to your meals. It comes without sauce or seasoning so you can use it instead of rice in your favorite dishes.
- Organic Veggie Spirals: They’re the perfect and exciting alternative to pasta and they are an easy swap on your favorite pasta recipes.
You can find Green Giant’s Organic Veggie Spirals, along with their Organic Riced and Mashed Cauliflower and Cauliflower Pizza Crust at the frozen veggie aisle at your nearest Walmart.