The holidays are almost here and everyone seems to in frenzy which often does not leave much time for preparing healthy home made meals. Specially during times like these I am always on the lookout for products that will make my life easier so I was happy when I was asked to create a sponsored post for Minute® Rice and challenged with coming up with a healthy and easy recipe idea. Lately I’ve really been into preparing fun and flavorful rice bowls, I love how easy and versatile they are and this time I used the Minute® Rice Multi-Grain Medley, which is a combination of brown rice, red rice, wild rice and quinoa, to make a delicious and balanced recipe I am calling Chipotle Citrus Shrimp Rice Bowls.
- 1½ pounds of large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 limes
- 1 box of Minute® Rice Multi-Grain Medley
- ½ cup of pineapple salsa
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup grape tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon chipotle adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the Minute® Rice Multi-Grain Medley according to the instructions on the box.
- While the rice is cooking heat the oil and butter in a skillet.
- Add the shrimp and chipotle sauce and sauté until shrimp start turning pink.
- Add the orange juice, lemon juice and zest and let the liquids reduce.
- Sprinkle the flour until the sauce thickens and covers the shrimp.
- Once rice is ready add the salsa and mix well.
- Serve the rice in bowls, top with the tomato, avocado and shrimp.
This recipe is super easy to make and for a kid friendly version all you need to do is leave the chipotle out or just sprinkle. I really like the nutty, rich flavor of brown rice and Minute® Multi-Grain Medley is the newest product from Minute® Rice. It’s a blend of four gluten-free foods and made with 100% whole grains, including long grain brown rice, Thai red rice, wild rice and quinoa and it conveniently cooks in 10 minutes.
Visit http://bit.ly/1xCMDae for over 400 recipe ideas, great for any day of the week and any time of the day, and more information about the Minute® Rice family of products.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.