This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeHolidayGoodness #
These chocolate pumpkin flan mini Bundt cakes are a great dessert for entertaining this holiday season and they are easy and quick to make.
As the holiday season approaches I always look forward to all of that delicious food, specially those recipes that are part of our family’s holiday tradition. Flan is one of those dishes that needs to be part of our holiday celebrations, it’s just not Christmas without flan!
However this year I wanted to try something different so I decided to make a choco flan cake; half chocolate and half flan this dessert is not only delicious but it looks so festive. For this recipe I took a couple of shortcuts that let me make this fancy dessert spending half the prep time it would usually take: I used the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More Baking Mix with Butterfingers Morsels for the cake half and I used a store bought flan mix for the flan half. I added some pumpkin puree to the flan mix to give it a different and personal touch an also made the flan using NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk instead of regular milk to make the flan richer and smoother. My grandma and my mother always used NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk when making their flan so even if I am taking a few shortcuts I’m just had to make sure include CARNATION® Evaporated Milk in my recipe!
Choco Pumpkin Flan Cake Recipe
Ingredients For Chocolate Brownie Mix:
- 1 NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More Baking Mix with Butterfinger Morsels
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Ingredients For Pumpkin Flan:
- 1 box of flan mix (you can also make flan from scratch)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- non-stick baking spray with flour (make sure it has flour)
- Mini bund cake molds.
Instructions For Choco Pumpkin Flan Cake
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat 3 mini Bundt pans with non-stick baking spray with flour. Make sure the baking spray has flour, this will make a huge difference in the brownie chocolate mix and the flan separating successfully.
- Mix the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More Baking Mix with Butterfinger Morsels with the water, eggs and vegetable oil until well combined.
- Pour the caramel sauce (your flan mix should include a package of caramel sauce) into the prepared Bundt pans.
- Pour the chocolate brownie mix into the Bundt pans evenly over the caramel sauce filling about one third of the pans.
- In a large blender combine the flan mix, pumpkin puree, the almond milk and the NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Slowly pour the pumpkin flan mixture into the Bundt pan over the cake batter until the mini bundt cakes are about 3/4 full.
- Add about one inch of boiling water to a deep roasting pan or baking dish large enough to hold the mini Bundt cake pans. The Bundt cake pans should not be touching and there should be space between them filled with water.
- Place the mini Bundt cake molds in the water.
- Carefully place baking dish on the middle rack in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 90 minutes, until a knife stuck into the center of the cake half comes out almost clean and the edges have started to pull away from the sides of the pan. There should be some moist crumbs stuck to the knife.
- Carefully remove from the oven and take the min Bundt pans out of the water bath. At this point the flan which is at the bottom of the mini Bundt pans is completely liquid so try not to move the cakes or the liquid flan could spill.
- Cool for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
- To unmold run a knife around the edges to loosen the flan cake. Invert into a dish or platter shake gently to release the caramel syrup.
I specially loved the brownie half of the choco pumpkin flan because we used the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More Baking Mix with Butterfingers Morsels it was denser and more chocolatey than regular cake. I really like that the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Mixes are so versatile and you can really get creative with them in the kitchen.
We always buy NESTLÉ® products because NESTLÉ® has been part of our family’s holiday recipes for generations; it’s a brand I really trust.
Be sure to check out the Nestlé Flavorful Moments on Pinterest for more holiday recipe inspiration!
We picked up the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More Baking Mix with Butterfingers Morsels and the NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk at our neighborhood Walmart and we were excited to find they already had some holiday product available so we also NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Holiday Morsels Red and Green and NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Holiday Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough to make some holiday inspired cookies.
And don’t worry, if you are too busy to make a run to the supermarket you and take advantage of the Walmart Grocery Pickup service. Right now you can earn $10 when you refer-a-friend! Check out the promotion HERE. You can great ideas and recipes at Nestle Everyday Kitchen
- Keto Hot Dog and Egg Tacos - October 4, 2021
- Soccer Snack Board - April 8, 2021
- Cilantro Lime Butter Salmon Sheet Pan Fajitas - February 22, 2021
7 thoughts on “Easy Choco Pumpkin Flan Cake Recipe”
jummyyyyy!! Im going to try it! We bake cookies every year for santa, but this year I will try your recipe. Thanks for sharing! Happy holidays!
One of my favorite cakes. Love your recipe, so easy to make. Oh, I so want to dig into one of those. YUM!
Luce completamente delicioso! Hace tanto no hago uno, voy a probarlo para navidad!
wow, siempre tienen recetas tan ricas 🙂 if i was good at baking, i’d try this because it sounds like my type of treat!
My three favorite flavors in one! You make it look so easy
Se ven exquisitos, excelente idea!
Que excelente combinación, definitivamente es un postre completo Yummy! Muchas gracias por la receta!