As I was making a fresh cranberry and roasted pineapple salsa a few weeks ago I thought that a version of this fresh salsa with avocados might be a great idea and I have to say that everyone loved it. This would make a great side for your leftover turkey, you can add it to a tortilla to make some cranberry avocado tacos or just use it as a dip for chips as a snack while you watch the football game. The best part is how easy this is to make. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Fresh Cranberry Avocado Salsa
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 fresh poblano chili
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups cranberries coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 cup Hass avocado chopped into cubes
Char red bell pepper and fresh poblano chili on the grill or on the broiler until blackened on all sides.
Enclose pepper and chili in paper bag. Let stand 10 minutes to steam.
Peel, seed and chop pepper and chili.
Mix sugar and orange juice in heavy large saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
Mix in chopped cranberries. Transfer mixture to large bowl.
Mix roasted pepper and chili and grated orange peel into salsa.
Toss avocado and lime juice.
Mix in cilantro into salsa.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Check out my other holiday recipes on my Pinterest board below, I’m sure you will find something you like!
- Frijoles Blancos Con Espinazo Recipe from Guatemala (White Beans with Pork) - December 1, 2023
- Piloyada Antigueña: A Guatemalan Pork and Bean Recipe - December 1, 2023
- Ultimate Chocolate Peppermint Christmas Cookies: The Best Dark and White Chocolate Cookies - November 30, 2023