This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyMrCoffeeMoments #CollectiveBias
This spicy Mexican mocha coffee is the perfect holiday coffee recipe to share with family and friends. Made with Mexican chocolate, coffee and a pinch of ancho chile powder and topped with whipped cream this is sure to become your new favorite coffee recipe.
There’s nothing like a hot cup of coffee to warm you up on a cold day. And there is no need to go to a coffee house to get an amazing cup of coffee.
I love getting creative in the kitchen and playing around with different flavors and ingredients. And for this recipe, I combined two of my favorite hot drinks; Mexican hot chocolate and coffee. I added some ancho chile powder to give this coffee recipe some more flavor and depth. And to make it more festive and perfect for sharing with loved ones during the holidays I topped it with freshly made whipped cream. So good!!
Hover over the image to purchase the Mr. Coffee® Easy Measure coffee maker.
I’m a huge fan of spicy chocolate and when you add coffee to the mix it’s a flavor combination made in heaven. The spicy pepper adds just the right amount of heat to give this coffee a spectacular and unique taste.
I love sharing a cup of coffee with family and friends as we listen to Christmas music or trim the Christmas tree. My new Mr. Coffee® Easy Measure 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker is so convenient. It’s Larger Brew Basket holds 25% more coffee grounds*. This makes it ideal for making coffee for a crowd, which is so perfect because I always have family and friends visiting around the holidays.
I really love the new look of the Mr. Coffee® Easy Measure coffee maker and one of my favorite features is that it comes with an easy to use the color-coded measuring system. This makes it a breeze to always get the perfect ground to water ratio for a consistently better-tasting cup of coffee whether you’re making 2 cups or 12.
The new Mr. Coffee® Easy Measure coffee maker. also includes Advanced Water Filtration that improves the taste by removing impurities in water and a 4-Hour Freshness Indicator. Coming from Guatemala, a country that produces some of the best coffee in the world it’s important for me to have a coffee maker that brings out the best taste in my cup of coffee.
Only Mr. Coffee® keeps it simple to make great coffee, so you can get on with life. I love that my Mr. Coffee® Easy Measure coffee maker is easy to use, uncomplicated and it always gives you a great cup of coffee. No wonder it’s America’s #1 coffee maker brand!
The Mr. Coffee® Easy Measure coffee maker is my favorite coffee maker because it makes it simple to make great coffee with it’s programmable LED display and freshness reminder which indicates how much time has passed since brewing began. You can also use the pause and serve feature to pour coffee before brewing is finished so you don’t have to wait for your cup of coffee. And the it automatically shuts off after 4 hours so you don’t have to worry about leaving it on.
Now let’s get on to that amazing spicy Mexican coffee recipe so you can enjoy it with friends and family this holiday season! I usually serve this accompanied by homemade cookies and it’s always a big hit.
Spicy Mexican Mocha Coffee Recipe
- 2 tablets of Mexican table chocolate
- 4 cups of milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne chili powder
- 4 cups of coffee, brewed
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Add the milk to a medium saucepan. Cut the Mexican chocolate tablets into sections and add to the pan.
- Add the cinnamon sticks and cook over medium-low heat stirring constantly. Cook until the chocolate has completely dissolved. Make sure that the milk does not reach the boiling point. Remove the pan from the stove if necessary to prevent boiling.
- Once the chocolate has melted remove from heat and add the ancho chili and cayenne powder and mix until well combined.
- While the chocolate is cooking brew 4 cups of coffee on your Mr Coffee® coffee maker.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the cups, filling them only halfway. Then add the coffee to the cups and stir.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle some cinnamon powder and some additional chili powder over the whipped cream. You can also garnish them with a cinnamon stick.