If you’re looking for the perfect meatless taco recipe look no further. These spicy roasted butternut squash tacos are the perfect vegan taco recipe to enjoy on Taco Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo or any day!
We eat tacos at least once a week. One of the things I love about tacos is that they are so versatile. You can make them with pretty much any ingredients you have in the house. We love to make lots of meatless taco recipes. We’re really trying to reduce the amount of meat we eat overall and this recipe for roasted squash tacos is one of our new favorite meatless meals.
One of the things I love the most about this taco recipe is how easy it is to make. Just roast the butternut squash, add some canned black beans and store-bought salsa and you have some delicious veggie tacos! And you can always tweet the recipe and add other ingredients if you want.
This vegan taco recipe is the perfect way to spice up your next Taco Tuesday or Cinco de Mayo celebration.
Butternut squash is one of my favorite fall veggies, but sometimes I struggle with new ways to cook it. I have to say that I don’t know how I hadn’t thought of making roasted butternut squash tacos before! The butternut squash is roasted is seasoned with chipotle powder and I added Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium to the tacos. But if you want a milder, kid-friendlier version just leave out the chipotle powder.
Spicy Butternut Squash Tacos Recipe
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 Hass avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/3 cup Chunky Salsa Medium
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 vegan sour cream or soy yogurt
- 1/4 cup crumbled tofu or vegan Feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl toss butternut squash and olive oil. Add salt, pepper and chipotle powder.
- Arrange butternut squash in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, turn and bake for another 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Toss the avocado and lime juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the tortillas, one by one, in a skillet over medium heat.
- To assemble the tacos add purple cabbage to each taco. Then top with roasted butternut squash and avocado.
- Drain the tofu. You can press the tofu using your hands or invest in a tofu press.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of salsa, drizzle with vegan sour cream, sprinkle crumbled tofu and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 23gNet Carbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
- Best Day of the Dead Movies for Kids: From Coco to The Book Of Life - September 29, 2023
- Day of the Dead in Mazatlán Mexico: Art Focused Dia de Los Muertos Celebrations - September 22, 2023
- Celebrating Hispanic Heritage in Tampa: A Cultural Journey - September 18, 2023