This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PaceTacoNight #CollectiveBias
We eat tacos at least once a week. One of the things I love about tacos is that they are so versatile. You can make them with pretty much any ingredients you have in the house. We love to make lots of meatless taco recipes. We’re really trying to reduce the amount of meat we eat overall and this recipe for roasted squash tacos is one of our new favorite meatless meals.
One of the things I love the most about this taco recipe is how easy it is to make. The secret to these taco’s great flavor is to use Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium. We always have Pace® salsa and sauce in our pantry because Pace® adds a bold kick of flavor to any TexMex our southern recipe. It’s no surprise that Pace® is America’s favorite salsa for tacos. It’s hands down our favorite storebought salsa!
Hover over the photo above to click through to Walmart.com for purchasing.
This taco recipe is the perfect way to spice up your next Taco Tuesday! And remember that Tuesdays are for Tacos. Tacos are for Pace®.
Butternut squash is one of my favorite fall veggies, but sometimes I struggle with new ways to cook it. I have to say that I don’t know how I hadn’t thought of making butternut squash tacos before! The butternut squash is roasted is seasoned with chipotle powder and I added Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium to the tacos. But if you want a milder, kid-friendlier version just leave out the chipotle powder.
Roasted Squash Taco Recipe
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 Hass avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/3 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Queso fresco
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl toss butternut squash and olive oil. Add salt, pepper and chipotle powder.
- Arrange butternut squash in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, turn and bake for another 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Toss the avocado and lime juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the tortillas, one by one, in a skillet over medium heat.
- To assemble the tacos add purple cabbage to each taco. Then top with roasted butternut squash and avocado.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium, drizzle with sour cream, sprinkle crumbled Queso fresco and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 23gNet Carbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g