This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BalancedNewYear #CollectiveBias
How are those New Year resolutions going? Have you already ditched your plans and fallen into the same rutt? I get it, I have made resolutions that went south before the New Year’s party was over. We can certainly hold high expectations of ourselves! This New Year, I decided to cover a few bases instead of making one big, unattainable, resolution. I guess I’ve learned, over the years, that I can accomplish more when I break down my plan into more bite-sized pieces.
One of those pieces, and maybe the most important, is my goal to be more balanced. As a busy husband, dad and business owner, I can sometimes get tunnel vision. I become so focused on one area of my life that I tend to neglect the other aspects and things get lopsided. Balance is my mantra for 2016 and I am starting the balance in the way I eat. STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen™ is part of my plan for more balance in the kitchen so I can achieve more balance in my life.
I know that I won’t be able to tackle any other pieces of my 2016 resolution plan if I don’t have the energy to accomplish everything. STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen offers me convenient, balanced meals with the right blend of vitamins,proteins and carbohydrates so I can be fueled up to create balance in other areas of my life. I like that I can pick up STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen™ at Walmart and that they come in really tasty flavors like Bourbon Steak,Oven Roasted Chicken,Monterey Chicken and Cilantro Lime Chicken, which I am going to pair with one of my favorite recipes –
Avocado and Tangerine Salad with Spicy Vinaigrette
- 4 tangerines
- 2 Hass Avocados
- Salad mix (I got organic Spring Mix from Walmart)
- 3/4 cups tangerine juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoons chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup queso fresco
- 1/4 pomegranate
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Peel the tangerines, slice them and remove the seeds. Slice the avocados.
- Simmer tangerine juice in a small saucepan until syrupy and reduced to about i/4 cup, let cool.
- In a small bowl, slowly whisk the olive oil into vinegar until emulsified. Add the honey, chipotle, tangerine juice, lime juice and whisk to mix. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Toss avocados, tangerines and salad mix in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad and season with more kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Top with queso fresco and pomegranate.
Grab one of STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen meals at Walmart and pair it with this or another of my salad recipes. I think Avocado and Tangerine Salad with Spicy Vinaigrette goes great with the STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen Bourbon Steak, but the STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen™ options are all tasty and balanced, which is a perfect fit for my 2016 resolution plan!
For more ideas and inspiration you can follow the Flavorful Moments Pinterest Board