This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FlavorYourWorld #CollectiveBias
When it comes to creating recipes to enjoy while watching the football games I always focus on flavor. I love to wow my friend with spicy recipes and make gameday snacks really shine by adding a little kick! To create gameday recipes that are bursting with flavor I turn toTABASCO® Sauce. TABASCO® Sauce enhances the flavor of my recipes and adds a bold taste without being overpowering.
We always have people over to watch the games or we get together with friends at their house. One of my favorite game day recipes is firecracker shrimp but this time I decided to try something a little different. I made chipotle barbecue shrimp skewers and accompanied them with a deliciously fresh blue cheese and avocado dipping sauce. These spicy shrimp skewers where an instant hit. So much so that we’re planning to make them again next weekend!
For this recipe, I used TABASCO® Chipotle Pepper Sauce with it’s smoky, earthy mild flavor. I love that this recipe is super easy and quick to prepare. I used some shortcuts to keep prep time and effort to a minimum yet the result is a winning game day appetizer that will wow your guests/
Chipotle Barbecue Shrimp Skewers
For Chipotle Barbecue Shrimp
- 1 pound of medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons of TABASCO® Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
For Blue Cheese Avocado Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup of blue cheese dressing
- 3 tablespoons fresh or store-bought guacamole
- Soak small skewers in water for about 20 minutes to keep them from burning on the grill. Insert 3-4 shrimp onto each skewer depending on the length of your skewer.
- Mix barbecue sauce, TABASCO® Chipotle Pepper Sauce and lime juice until well blended. Set aside half of the sauce for dipping.
- Preheat a grill. Add some chipotle barbecue sauce to the shrimp.
- Grill shrimp skewers for 5 minutes, basting with the sauce once they begin to turn pink. Flip and baste again. Cook through, about 4 more minutes. Serve with extra sauce.
Depending on how spicy you like your food you can add more or less TABASCO® Chipotle Pepper Sauce and you can also be served accompanied by the TABASCO® Chipotle Pepper Sauce bottle so people can add some more heat if they want to.
We always have TABASCO® Brand Pepper Sauce, TABASCO® Chipotle Pepper Sauce and TABASCO® Green Jalapeño Sauce at home. We like to play around with the different flavors and add them to recipes to achieve bold and exciting flavors!
I always buy TABASCO® Brand Pepper Sauce at Walmart. You can find it in the condiment aisle and right now you can get$1 off of 5 oz. or largerTABASCO® Sauce, any flavor.