Disclosure: This post is part of a sponsored campaign on behalf of Latina Bloggers Connect and the makers of ZYRTEC®
I suffer from allergies and when allergy season comes along each year I know I have to take some action so that I won’t spend all spring and summer red eyed, puffy faced and blotchy. Besides the discomfort, the stuffiness and itchiness one of the worst things about allergies is ALLERGY FACE. As if it wasn’t bad enough to feel bad you also look it. I have to say I was surprised to find out that according to a recent survey by the makers of ZYRTEC®, two-thirds (66 percent) of women with allergies feel the same way. That is why I am so excited to be writing this post where I will share with you some great advice and tips for things you can do at home to relieve the allergy symptoms without spending too much money.
The makers of ZYRTEC® have partnered the amazing Carmen Ordoñez from VivaFashionBlog.com. An expert on all things beauty and fashion, Carmen Ordoñez is on a mission to help women combat “ALLERGY FACE™” – the beauty challenges like a puffy face, watery eyes and a red nose that are associated with typical allergy symptoms by using simple do-it-yourslf beauty solutions that will make you look great without breaking the bank. In the second video of her three-part, bilingual video series, created in partnership with the makers of ZYRTEC®, Carmen shares her best advice and solutions to help women tackle allergy-related beauty challenges. Watch Carmen’s video “Generations of Beauty Advice” filled with great tips that have been passed down from her mama y abuelita.
I also have my own tips that have been passed along to me by the women in my family.
- To relieve puffiness in your eyes take two chamomile tea bags and place them in a glass with cold water and a few ice cubes. Leave them there for a minute or two, then remove from the glass squeezing the excess water before placing them on your eyelids. When you feel the teabags have warmed up place back on the glass with cold water and repeat. Chamomile relives irritation and reduces inflammation and the cold compresses in your eyes will also help in reducing eye puffiness.
- To help relieve a stuffy nose my mom, an avid tea drinker, always gave me peppermint tea. Hot peppermint tea provides relief for clogged-up noses and irritated mucous membranes. Peppermint’s essential oil also acts as a decongestant, and substances in peppermint make it a natural anti-inflammatory.
What beauty tips did YOU learn from your mom or grandmother?
Visit YouTube.com/Zyrtec to view part one and part two of Carmen’s ALLERY FACE™ video series. Stay tuned for the release of part three, which will be distributed later this summer. In the meantime, be sure to follow Carmen on Twitter at @VivaFashion and check out her blog www.VivaFashionBlog.com for her latest ALLERGY FACE™ tips and tricks.
For product savings and rewards to help you feel better, visit Zyrtec.com or visit ZYRTEC® on Facebook at Facebook.com/ZYRTEC to learn more about how to combat ALLERGY FACE™.
- Galaxy Easter Eggs: Unique Easter Egg Decorating Idea - March 23, 2023
- Best St Patrick’s Day Freak Shake Recipe - March 16, 2023
- Best Bailey’s Desserts: Irish Cream Desserts to Celebrate St Patty’s Day - March 14, 2023
17 thoughts on “My Mother’s Advice and Zyrtec: Helping me Combat #ALLERGYFACE”
These are great tips – thank you for sharing!
Great tips – especially since my allergies just kicked in! My mother’s #1 beauty secret – that she’s totally instilled in me is moisturize, moisturize, moisturize your face – it’s worked well for her – she has beautiful and elastic looking skin!
great tips.. thanks
These are great tips. I use moisturizer daily, that was one tip she gave me.
Great post. It will help me a lot.
I just realized that too that tea helps a lot especially for me who suffers from sinusitis….
Muy buenos tips los tomaré mucho en cuenta en esta temporada, muchas gracias
Now with this weather my allergies are really bad. I will try this. Thanks for the advice
Thanks,, great tips!!
I need to reduce the puffiness in my eyes. Will try the tea bags.
I can totally relate, I suffer from allergies too, I remember my aunt used to heat some eucalyptus oil and put a few drops in the nose was a little painful, but it used to help a lot.
I also suffer of allergies. Thanks for this great tips!
Que buenísimos consejos, y me cae excelente ya que parece que esta primavera desencadene una alergia! Muchas Gracias por la información!
A ponerlos en práctica, porque a mi las alergias me dan duro!
Thankfully I don´t suffer from allergies but my husband does. Now I know how to help him when his allergies come around.
El tip del té de peppermint me encantó. Lo pondré en práctica y no me costará ningún problema, me gusta mucho tomar té.
muy buenos consejos para la gente que sufre de allergias!