This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DotComDIY #CollectiveBias
In the last few weeks, we’ve had lots of changes among them having to move in with my parents after hurricane Irene damaged our house. The changes have come with some challenges but also with many things we are thankful for. My kids are especially excited with the new family member we gained when we moved in with my parents: Mickey is a rambunctious Yorkie and his energy is contagious.
We have been working hard on socializing him so we try to take him everywhere we go. Because he has a hard time staying still, even in the car it was important to make sure he was secure and safe while we’re driving so I decided to create a doggie car seat or booster seat, so that he can be safe but also has a good vantage point from where he can observe the world outside.
Materials For DIY Car Booster Seat For Your Dog
- Plastic basket or bin
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- A large piece of soft fabric
- Pet seat belt
Directions For DIY Dog Car Seat For Your Dog
1. Cut a piece of the foam in the size of the bottom of the plastic basket or container.
2. Cut four long pieces of the foam.
3. Glue the foam along the edges of the plastic container.
4. Make a long cut on both sides of the container, large enough for the car seat buckle of your car to fit through.
5. Cover the container loosely with a piece of fabric.
6. Secure the fabric with a ribbon. This will make it easy to remove it for washing.
7. Cut slits in the fabric in the same place where you cut the slits on your plastic container for the car seat buckles to pass through.
8. Place the car seat or dog booster seat in the middle of the back seat.
9. Pass the seat belt through both of the slits that you cut on the back of your car seat and buckle the seat belt. Now the car seat is secure.
10. To make sure your dog is safe and secure him using the dog seat belt or lead. This device which I got at walmart.com has a clip that attaches to your dog’s harness on one side and a seatbelt clip that latches onto your car.
Keeping Mickey and my family safe in the car also means I need to make sure that the car is in the best shape possible. And now that we are temporarily without our own home taking care of my car has become even more important. That is why I changed the oil at home this week using Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic- PurePlus® Technology. Because it’s made from natural gas Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic has fewer of the impurities found in crude oil, the start for many other traditional and synthetic motor oils. To that pure, clear base high-performance additives are added to create a motor oil designed for complete engine protection.
Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil with PurePlus® Technology keeps pistons up to 30% cleaner than required by the toughest industry standard1 and keeps your engine cleaner than any leading synthetic oil. It doesn’t get better that!
Right now when you purchase any 2 qualifying Pennzoil Motor oil (in-store or online) & upload your receipt you receive $10 Ticketmaster Ticket Cash. All entrants will also be entered into a sweepstakes to win tickets to a Guns N’ Roses concert as part of their “Not In This Lifetime” tour!
These past few weeks have been a little crazy with us evacuating due to Irma and having to move out of our home. To make things easier I have been ordering everything from packing supplies, storage bins, and even groceries online at walmart.com. I’m really impressed with the great experience and I really like that they have different options from delivering to your home or picking up at the store to save on shipping to curbside pickup which is ideal for groceries. Ordering online at Walmart.com helps avoid the crowd and you can often find things online that aren’t available in store. My favorite service is the curb-side assistance. You just provide your name and the time you’ll be there to pick it up, and a Walmart employee will bring your items to you. How awesome is that?