This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #FlavorRocks #CollectiveBias
Music has always been a big part of my life. I really enjoy attending live concerts and music festivals. There’s just something about watching a live band and sharing the experience with a community of people who appreciate the same music. In this blog post I will be sharing with you my best music festival road trip tips, an deliciously flavorful recipe for Spicy Habanero Pasta Salad made with El Yucateco® hot sauce.
First let’s start off with an awesome giveaway! El Yucateco® will now be available at select stadiums and The House of Blues which is one of my favorite restaurants. Since they are music lovers just like us, they want to give you the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime musical experience. Enter the giveaway below for a chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime musical experience plus weekly gift cards prizes!
One of my favorite things about going to a live concerts and music festivals is getting there. Driving across the open road, windows rolled down, the pedal to the metal while I crank up classics and blasts from my 80’ and ’90s past. If you’re planning to head out on a road trip to enjoy a concert or music festival here are some great ways to make sure that you have an amazing and memorable time from the moment you get in the car!
Music Festival Road Trip Tips
• Make sure your car is in great shape, have it checked out before your road trip and ensure the brakes are working well, that the tires are in good condition and with enough pressure and that your car has oil and a full tank of gas.
• Bring along chargers for your devices as well as extra batteries since you may be spending some time away from electrical outlets.
• Put together a road trip playlist! Your road trip is all about music so make sure that you put together a rocking playlist filled with your favorite tunes. When I’m off on a road trip I love to listed to upbeat music and some of my favorites are merengue, bachata, Latin Pop and Latin rock along with music from the bands that I will be watching live so that I can get into that “concert” mood.
• Prepare some delicious and flavorful food for the road and for when you get there. Great food with lots of flavor makes for a great road trip and there is no need to stick to chips and granola bars.
• Bring El Yucateco® hot sauces to make sure you add a burst of flavor to everything you eat from hot dogs and hamburgers to salads and tacos. El Yucateco® fits perfectly into your music adventures this summer. You can just thrown a bottle of your favorite El Yucateco® hot sauce into your back pack for when you are on-the-go to your next festival or concert.
For this easy on the go summer recipe I used the El Yucateco® Caribbean Habanero sauce with a perfect blend of yellow habanero peppers and fresh carrots, its slightly sweet flavor and mild heat make it perfect to make the dressing for this pasta salad adding lots of flavor and just the right amount of heat.
Spicy Habanero Southwest Pasta Salad
- 1 8 ounce package pasta
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sweet corn
- grape tomatoes quartered
- ¼ cup diced sweet peppers (green, yellow, orange, red)
- 1/4 cup fresh diced cilantro
Creamy Chipotle Dressing
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons El Yucateco® Caribbean Habanero hot sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Diced avocado
- Fresh cilantro
• Cook pasta according to directions on package. Transfer to a strainer and rinse with cool water then transfer to a large bowl.
• Add black beans, corn, tomatoes, sweet peppers and cilantro and gently stir to combine all of the ingredients.
• In a separate bowl combine the greek yogurt, lime juice, El Yucateco® Caribbean Sauce cumin, oregano, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix until well combined.
• Add dressing to pasta and stir well to combine and coat all of the pasta.
• Cover and refrigerate for an hour, then serve cold.
• Can be made up to one day ahead of time, just give it a stir before serving.
• Garnish with avocado, extra cilantro or green onions
I usually buy El Yucateco® hot sauces at my neighborhood Walmart but I also buy some of them at a local Hispanic market. My favorites are the Caribbean, the Black Label and the Green. They all have a very distinct flavor.