You know how there are just some things that are better together right? Like cheese with crackers, eggs and bacon, peanut butter and jelly and Nescafe & Coffee-mate. I was so excited to receive in the mail the new Nescafé with Coffe-mate, yes now Nescafé’s rich flavor comes together with Coffee-mate which combined make the perfect 2 in 1 product for coffee lovers. I come from a country where coffee is simply part of who we are and as a guy who spent half of his life in Guatemala my morning doesn’t start until I’ve had my coffee and for me the perfect cup of coffee has includes a creamer, and a bit of honey, to give it that rich and creamy texture that makes it just perfect.
I am one of those people that likes his coffee always mixed with something and I like to experiment with different flavors, my favorites are french vanilla, cinnamon and hazelnut. Once I have that perfect cup of coffee I like to drink it on my favorite cup and take a moment to unwind and relax.
My love for coffee also inspires me to create other fun things with it, so today I am mixing arroz con leche with Nescafe with Coffee-mate hazelnut flavor to give my favorite dessert a twist that any coffee lover will appreciate! Because arroz con leche y café are just better together I experimented a little with the flavors and came up with a Hazelnut Coffee Arroz Con Leche Recipe that will have you liking your spoon!
Hazelnut Coffee Arroz Con Leche Parfaits Recipe + Giveaway!
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 12-ounce can La Lechera sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of Hazelnut flavor Nescafe & Coffee-mate
- whipped cream
- La Lechera dulce de leche
- Soak the rice, cinnamon sticks, lemon zest and whole cloves in the water in a heavy saucepan for 1 hour.
- After soaking, bring the rice mixture to a boil on high heat, uncovered.
- When it starts to boil (about 5 minutes), lower the heat to medium and cook for 10 to 12 more minutes or until water is almost evaporated.
- Add the milk and stir beating until frothy.
- Add the, vanilla extract and condensed milk to the rice and cook over medium-low heat, stirring carefully, until it thickens slightly or until desired consistency, about 25 to 35 minutes.
- While it is still hot transfer half of the arroz con leche to a glass bowl and add the hazelnut flavored Nescafé with Coffee-mate and mix until well combined.
- Let cool uncovered.
- Once it has cooled completely put a couple of spoonfuls of arroz con leche, then add a few spoonfuls of hazelnut coffee arroz con leche, top with whipped cream and drizzle with dulce the leche
This combination of the sweet arroz con leche, the rich and creamy hazelnut coffee flavor topped with dulce de leche is just sublime. Without a doubt I have a new favorite dessert which is even better accompanied by a cup of coffee made with Nescafé with Coffee-mate! Delicioso!