This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameTimeHosting #
This chorizo and chipotle baked queso dip is a new take on the delicious Mexican queso fundido combining Mexican cheese along with cream cheese for a creamier and easier to scoop dip that is gooey, spicy and bold chorizo and chipotle flavors.
We love football season as it gives our family a great excuse to get together and celebrate each game sharing great food and sometimes even some fun games. Food is such an important part of our culture and that is why we always try to incorporate flavors and ingredients that make us feel more connected and bring us closer together as we watch the football games.
Today I want to share with you a delicious baked chorizo and chipotle queso dip recipe. A cross between the classic artichoke and spinach baked dip this recipe combines cream cheese with Cotija and Oaxaca cheese (you can also use Romano and Mozzarella) with onions, sweet bell peppers and the bold flavor of chorizo. The dip gets a little bit of a kick from the smoky chipotle peppers in adobo.
Chorizo And Chipotle Baked Queso Dip Recipe
- 1 8 oz. package reduced fat cream cheese softened
- ½ cup low fat or fat free Mexican crema (can be replaced by regular sour cream)
- ⅓ cup grated Queso Cotija can be replaced by Romano cheese
- 1 cup shredded Queso Oaxaca cheese divided (can be replaced by mozzarella cheese)
- ¼ cup onion diced
- ¼ cup red green and yellow sweet peppers diced
- ½ cup chorizo crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a small baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium pan sautee the onions for a couple of minutes until translucent.
- Add the sweet bell peppers and cook for another 5 minutes or until they are soft.
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream and chipotle until smooth.
- Stir in the Queso Cotija, ½ cup of Oaxaca cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Add in the onion and sweet bell pepper mix and the chorizo.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining ½ cup of Oaxaca cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through. Broil for an additional minute or two to get the cheese more browned, if you prefer.
- Serve immediately.
To go along with the dip I got some Wise Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips from the Family Dollar store along with an ice cold Diet Coke® and keep the game energy up with some Powerade. Look for the one-stop Coca-Cola and Wise snacks display at Family Dollar.
SAVE $1 when you buy (1) 12-pack of any Coca-Cola® product plus (1) Wise snack 3oz or larger at Family Dollar today!
To keep everyone entertained you can play easy paper football game along with a scorecard. Everyone will enjoy getting into the game spirit with some friendly competition as they play it during half time and during the ads. Make a goal post using wooden popsicle sticks and a paper cup and download the free printable scoreboard HERE. You can also check out the video on how to fold a paper football for you paper football game below.
I can assure you this chorizo and chipotle baked queso dip will be a winner with your family and friends so make enough for everyone because as soon as they dip their first Wise tortilla chip and load it with the melted, gooey and spicy queso dip bursting with sabor they won’t stop until it’s all gone.