These apple cider mojitos are the perfect fall cocktail to transition from summer to fall.
Here in Florida the weather is still hot, even though summer is over and fall is officially here. I could not wait any longer to start enjoying all of those fall flavors that make this season my favorite. From pumpkin spice to caramel apples and apple cider I’m ready for it all, who cares if the fall weather is not here yet.
Inspired on those fall flavors I created this recipe for apple cider mojitos; the crisp green and red apples, mint and apple cider all come together giving this cocktail a refreshing fall flavor that is light and festive.
Apple Cider Mojito Recipe
- 1/2 cup granny smith apple and/or delicious red apple cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3-4 mint leaves, torn
- 1 1/2 ounces white rum
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- club soda
- lime wheels and mint springs for garnish
- Place mint leaves, sugar and lime juice in your glass.
- Muddle using a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add rum, 1 cup of ice, apple cider, apple cubes and mix. You can also add do this in a shaker, but it’s not necessary.
- Add a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and a mint spring.
Since I’m using apple cider which is already pretty sweet I did not add much sugar to my mojitos but if you like your mojitos sweeter consider adding a bit more sugar.
I hope that you enjoy these apple cider mojitos as much as I have. They are perfect for celebrating the start of the cooler weather, cheers to fall!