Are you looking for the cutest Easter and Spring-themed cupcakes ever? These classic bunny butt cupcakes have been my favorite Easter treat for years! I love making these incredibly moist and easy carrot cake cupcakes with creamy yogurt and cream cheese frosting. It is a fantastic alternative to the chocolate overload that usually comes with an Easter celebration. And the adorable bunny bums are so easy to make and give these delicious Easter bunny cupcakes a whimsical touch!
These adorable and easy Easter cupcakes are the perfect sweet addition to any Easter-themed party. Whether I’m hosting Easter brunch with the girls, Easter dinner with family, or need to bring something to the school Easter party, these cupcakes are my go-to Easter dessert.
Cute Bunny Bum Cupcakes Perfect For Easter
This year I am hosting Easter brunch. I love setting up the food in separate stations. For example, I set up a table for appetizers, another one for desserts, and one for delicious Easter cocktails. This way, my guests can grab their favorite treats and drinks without me running around like an energizer bunny (pun intended).
And while I finish preparing all the delicious Easter brunch recipes I have lined up for this year’s celebrations, my husband oversees the kiddos’ craft table. He gets all the supplies out, so the kids have a ball decorating adorable Easter eggs while you are comfortably sipping a refreshing passion fruit mojito mocktail!
Super Easy Bunny Butt Cupcakes
These cute bunny butt cupcakes are a great Easter dessert recipe that all kids and adults will love. They are so easy to put together that you can make it part of your Easter party or celebration and let the young ones have a blast decorating!
There’s already enough chocolate for Easter, so I chose an easy carrot cake cupcake recipe for a healthier alternative. I love how well carrot and cream cheese go together, and the diving bunny butt is so cute that it will make your table setup pop!
What Are the Ingredients for Bunny Butt Cupcakes?
For these Easter bunny bums, I used an easy carrot cupcake recipe made from scratch, but you can use any cake flavor you like. I chose a velvety yogurt-and-cream-cheese frosting that pairs deliciously amazing with the carrot cake. And for decorations, I used white sugar pearls and bunny feet that make it look like a furry bunny stuck in the ground looking for his carrots!
These adorable bunny butt cupcakes are the perfect treat for Easter and are easier to make than you might think. But when I’m in a hurry, I either make them out of a box or buy unfrosted cupcakes at my local grocery store. Then decorate and enjoy!
How to Make Easter Bunny Butt Cupcakes
Bake the Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and place your cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and sugar in a bowl. Set aside
- In a large bowl, mix applesauce, oil, vanilla extract, raisins (optional), and shredded carrot.
- Whisk the flour mixture into the carrots and combine well. Pour the batter into the cupcake mold lined with liners and place it in the oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, then allow the cupcakes to cool down before removing them from the tray.
Whisk the Frosting:
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, yogurt, powdered sugar, and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to thicken.
- If the frosting is too thick when you take it out, slowly add a little milk of your choice; if too thin, add additional powdered sugar.
Time to Decorate Your Cute Bunny Bum Cupcakes
- Spread the yogurt cream cheese frosting on the carrot cupcakes with a knife or pipe through an icing bag.
- Sprinkle each cupcake with white Jimmies sprinkles, and place one sugar pearl in the middle to resemble the tail.
- Carefully press two Easter bunny feet on each side of the pearl.
- Refrigerate till ready to serve.
Tips for Making the Best Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Change it up: If you want different tastes and look for your candy bunny feet, white chocolate-covered almonds also look amazingly cute. Go to your grocery store and look for small oval-shaped candy with Easter-themed colors and shapes. For example, I saw the white sugar pearls and thought, hey now! They would make great tails! You never know what other candy-coated treats can help with your cupcake decorations!
- Adding a little crunch: Although I went for a simple carrot cake cupcake recipe, you can add any nuts you have at hand, like pecans or walnuts. Raisins are another great addition to this Easter recipe, and the batter can hold about ½ to 1 cup of add-ins. Easy carrot cake bunny cupcakes for Easter
- Dust off your Accessories: Even though I don’t use them often, I prefer the grating attachment on my food processor to shred the carrots. But if you like thinner shreds, you can pulse the carrots in your food processor or use a grater. Just be careful not to shred it too fine, or you will end up with sappy strips that infuse your cupcakes with too much carrot flavor.
How Do You Store Bunny Cupcakes?
These easy carrot cake cupcakes are one of my favorite make-ahead-of-time recipes. I baked them the day before, so I had more time to make fun Easter crafts with my kids and finish cooking our traditional family Easter breakfast.
Because yogurt and cream cheese are in the frosting, you should store your cupcakes in the fridge. It’s okay to leave them on your kitchen counter for a couple of hours, but better to keep them chilled in the refrigerator so the frosting doesn’t melt. They will last about 4-5 days!
What Is the Secret to Moist Cupcakes?
The baker in me always says you should mix any cake batter with a light hand and loads of love! The secret to fluffy cupcakes is to be gentler when mixing, adding air bubbles into your batter that will expand when baked.
I prefer using a good old whisk and elbow grease, but if you use a blender, keep it at a low speed and stop when everything blends. Don’t overmix it; you will lose the bubbles and end up with stone-like cupcakes.
More Fantastic Easter Dessert Ideas You’ll Love
These adorable cupcakes are not just cute and easy to make but delicious! They are the perfect Easter treat to share with your family; even the kids will love helping you make these “surprise inside” treats.
If you’re looking for the best desserts for Easter, you can’t go wrong with some sweet Easter cookies. Whether you’re making cute cookie chicks, bunny bums, Easter baskets, or bird nests, these delicious Easter treats are not just easy but super fun to make.
The sweet cupcake combined with the tanginess of the passion fruit make the perfect sweet, tangy Pascua treats to share with family in friends!
Whether you enjoy eating candy or grabbing a cute Easter-themed treat, there’s something on this list for you! These adorable Easter desserts are the perfect way to celebrate the holiday this year.
From adorable sheep to cute bunnies full of sweetness, here are the best cupcakes for choosing your new favorite Easter-themed treats!
What better way to hop into the Easter party mood than with these adorable bunny butt cupcakes? If you want an easy carrot cake cupcake that your family will go crazy for, you need to try these! I took a batch of these cute bunny butt cupcakes to a family Easter brunch picnic, and they disappeared in minutes. But not before showering these adorable Easter cupcakes with many oohs and aahs! They’re one of my kid’s all-time favorite Easter desserts.
Adding a little crunch: Although I went for a simple carrot cake cupcake recipe, you can add any nuts you have at hand, like pecans or walnuts. Raisins are another great addition to this Easter recipe, and the batter can hold about ½ to 1 cup of add-ins. * 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
** Nutritional values do not include decorations.
For the Carrot Cupcakes:
For the Frosting:
For the Easter Cupcake Decorations:
Bake the Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Whisk the Frosting
Decorate Your Cute Bunny Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 8.6gSaturated Fat: 1.8gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 425mgCarbohydrates: 38.9gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 20.5gProtein: 6.7g
Adding a little crunch: Although I went for a simple carrot cake cupcake recipe, you can add any nuts you have at hand, like pecans or walnuts. Raisins are another great addition to this Easter recipe, and the batter can hold about ½ to 1 cup of add-ins.
* 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. ** Nutritional values do not include decorations.
- The Best Guide to Visiting the Quirigua Mayan Ruins in Guatemala - January 29, 2023
- Subanik Recipe: A delicious Stew from Guatemala - January 29, 2023
- The Ultimate Guide to the Iximche Mayan Ruins in Guatemala - January 28, 2023